MediaPortal has to close - windows error (1 Viewer)

mkjustuk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2011
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All, I am new here so please be kind to me :) I am in the process of setting up MP on an Acer Revo R3610 - 4gb, 500gb, Win7 64bit to replace my Topfield 5800 and do DVD playback from a USB and NAS drive.

I have setup the latest MediaPortal, StreamedMP, 4therecord, Movingpictures and Mediainfo. So far everything is great and I am really looking forward to putting it 'live' once I've ironed one issue.

I keep getting an error whenever I go to playback a ripped DVD, either through Movingpictures or MyVideos, which I thought was Movingpictures related to start with, so I disabled it. But it still happens through MyVideos, so I have downloaded the latest Mediainfo.dll to be sure and copied that into my MP folder overwriting the (same?) original.

The error is just the generic windows message that MP must close or find a solution etc. If I don't close it, DVD playback does start in the background however, and looking at the log files it seems it's mediainfo related, but I don't know why - can anyone decipher my logs more to help me? :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: MediaPortal has to close

In MediaPortal Configuration you can choose between different DVD Navigators and codecs for DVD audio and video. Try and play around with these settings.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country

Hi All, I am new here so please be kind to me :) I am in the process of setting up MP on an Acer Revo R3610 - 4gb, 500gb, Win7 64bit to replace my Topfield 5800 and do DVD playback from a USB and NAS drive.

I have setup the latest MediaPortal, StreamedMP, 4therecord, Movingpictures and Mediainfo. So far everything is great and I am really looking forward to putting it 'live' once I've ironed one issue.

I keep getting an error whenever I go to playback a ripped DVD, either through Movingpictures or MyVideos, which I thought was Movingpictures related to start with, so I disabled it. But it still happens through MyVideos, so I have downloaded the latest Mediainfo.dll to be sure and copied that into my MP folder overwriting the (same?) original.

The error is just the generic windows message that MP must close or find a solution etc. If I don't close it, DVD playback does start in the background however, and looking at the log files it seems it's mediainfo related, but I don't know why - can anyone decipher my logs more to help me? :D
    I think StreamedMP comes with Infoserice which had a bug that could cause this. Try searching the forum for the latest infoservice.dll and see how you go.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

I checked the logs earlier and it did not seem like the infoservice problem. I can be wrong though...

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country

Hi there,

If its DVD related, there is an option to disable Mediainfo for DVDs.

It is located under the DVD option in the MePo client config.

Can you confirm where you are placing the dll file?

Have you searched for other mediainfo.dll files?

Thanks,

J.

mkjustuk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2011
    Cheshire
    Home Country

Hi All, thanks for the replies, will try all suggestions - I don't think it is StreamedMP related as I ran in debug mode which disables it and the same happened.

MediaInfo.dll is in the TeamMediaPortal folder but outside the plugins sub-folder. Will search for other occurences but couldn't see any at first look. Will have a look at disabling MediaInfo for DVDs then and see if it still re-occurs, thanks.

mkjustuk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2011
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    In the end I uninstalled MePo and reinstalled which has resolved the issue, so something got messed up somewhere.

Before I did that I tried changing codecs, disable and enable MovingPictures, checked that MediaInfo for DVDs was unchecked, searched for any other MediaInfo.dll files and none helped but thanks for all the suggetsions.

If it re-occurs I will try and work out what changes leading up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom