MediaPortal installation stop my Xbox 360 playing video and audio from my pc (1 Viewer)

mattv

Portal Member
May 24, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I am trying to install MediaPortal 1 RC 1 Refresh (using the deploy tool) on my Vista Ultimate SP1 machine. It is currently connected to my Xbox 360 (wired, via D-link G604T router) with no problems.

When I complete the deploy tool everything goes fine. Choices were english, install now, TV yes, HD yes, one click install. At this point Xbox connection is still fine too.

After I run the TV-Server Configuration things change.

From now on my 360 can see the PC no problem and can access and display photos but not mp3's or video files (DVR-MS or MPEG) I get an error such as

Video Error

Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer.

on the Xbox. Restarting as it requests has no effect. I have also tried disconnecting the "extender", deleting the Mcx1 account, deleting the PC on the xbox, reconnecting etc but still the same. The files still work fine through Vista Media Center itself.

When I run TV-Server Configuration for the first time I get the splash screen to enter a SQL password (which I enter MediaPortal). I am then prompted to start TV Server. At the configuration screen I can scan for channels on my Nova T Stick etc and view channels in preview okay. That is all I try to do at this point. When I click "okay" to exit I get an error from Vista to say that the program may not have installed correctly. On one occasion I clicked that it was okay, on the other I asked it to reinstall using Vistas preferences (or something like that). Neither option made any difference.

If I uninstall TV-Server (using the un-install included) the 360 starts working normally again.

I have run the complete delpoy 3 times now (after restoring from a previous full pc backup) with the same results. I have tried the latest SVN on 2 occasions prior to running the setup configurations too.

I am very new to MediaPortal and don't know anything about SQL server. I can't find anything along these lines in the forums or via Google so can anyone help me please.

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: MP 1 RC 1 refresh
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
CPU Type: Intel C2D E6300
HDD: Seagate 500 + 320
Memory: 2GB DDR2 667
Motherboard: Intel DP965LT
Video Card: Asus 8600GT
Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.7516
Sound Card: Auzentech xplosion
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: 6.12.8.1729
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova T Stick (USB)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.11.26108.0
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150MCE
2. TV Card Type: analog (S-VHS)
2. TV Card Driver: 6.0.6000.16408
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, I don't have a set up like yours, but I believe the issue is that the MP TV server service stops MCE services when it runs. This is to make sure that the two systems don't try to access resources like tuner cards at the same time.

I think if you install MP again then the MCE and XBox set up will work again if you stop the TVserver in services or MP TV Server configuration. Then restart it again using the config tool when youy are finished with the xbox.
    It's not a great solution but depending on your TV Recording needs, it may be better for you to use the internal MP TV engine (answer no to the HD and "other PC" questions during install) so that the MCE services are only stopped while the MP application is running.

Hope this helps...

Marcus.

(PS, welcome to the MP forums)

mattv

Portal Member
    May 24, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Marcus.

It will be a day or so before I can test again but unfortunately that does make sense. Is there any way to possibly work around it? I don't want to be able to access "live TV" on the 360 at all, just recorded stuff for the kids (which is connected to a normal CRT TV in a different room). I want to get the HD DVB-T TV (in New Zealand) on the LCD connected to the HTPC in the lounge room which Vista Media Centre cannot handle but MediaPortal can.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think there is a patch on the forums somewhere that adds an option to not turn off the MCE services. I've never needed it so not sure where though, sorry.
    I think IOSub made it, if that helps.

I think there was also a plugin for the original xbox to access MP, but not for the 360 yet. MP2 (no scheduled release date at this stage) will be a media server but don't hold out for that too soon. It's still a way off.

mattv

Portal Member
    May 24, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok so stopping TV-server does fix things. Just need to try and get iosubs patch to work now. Thanks for your help Marcus.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Ok so stopping TV-server does fix things. Just need to try and get iosubs patch to work now. Thanks for your help Marcus.

Hi I got you priv msg..

You have to do some things:
    1.- make MP not to stop mce services:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...p-mce-service-hidden-option-39900/#post267324
    2.- I build of tvserver that has an option to "no stop" mce services, I have the previous build 19158, today is a svn day and there is going to be a new svn build, I will create one with the patch for no stoping MCE services and I will post it.. so wait just ones the svn is released. I will do then the new svn-patched build

3.- THE MOST IMPORTANT, MCE AND TVSERVICE CAN NOT SHARE TUNNERS, so you have to tell me what do you want to do, is tvservice going to use the tunners or mce?

Iosu

mattv

Portal Member
    May 24, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Iosu. I currently have SVN 19158 installed but will get the new SVN when it is out.

I want TVservice to be able to access the tuners, not MCE Services. Could you please talk me through exactly what to do with the patch "pieces" though?

Matt

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Thanks Iosu. I currently have SVN 19158 installed but will get the new SVN when it is out.

I want TVservice to be able to access the tuners, not MCE Services. Could you please talk me through exactly what to do with the patch "pieces" though?

Matt

ok, if you don't want mce to access the tunners them you need to disable "windows media center receiver" service" and then try with this install of build 19158(attached)

them go to tvserver config on general options you will see "mce stop" uncheck..
    also you need to follow
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...p-mce-service-hidden-option-39900/#post267324

one patch is for tvserver and the other is for mp

tell me if it works

mattv

Portal Member
    May 24, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks will try and have a go later today. Still not quite sure where to put everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom