[no Bug] mediaportal is not using hardware acceleration with powerdvd 9 (1 Viewer)

johnw230873

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC1
Windows Version: Vista 32bit
CPU Type: AMD 64 X2 4400
Memory: 2 gig
Video Card: Nvidia 8600 GT
2. TV Card: Nova T500
2. TV Card Type: DVB T
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 9
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 9

Unsure why but it looks like Mediaportal has stopped using hardware acceleration, unsure how long it has been happening for but when I check the CPU I see MP is sitting about 70% on 1080p video.

Any idea how to get it going again or what to check, I have checked the Codec section in the config and hardware Accleration is ticked.
:confused:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Which PDVD do you use (latest patch doesn't work properly with dxva)?

Regards
    Roy

johnw230873

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Thanks Ronilse
    I using 9.0.2528.51, I have tried the .TS file in PDVD and it brings the CPU back down to 15% with dxva turned on.

Here are some logs

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    That version of PDVD doesn't enable DXVA even if it's forced, so most likely a PDVD issue. Your CPU gets the job instead, you can test PowerDVD & see if it's used there else for now i dunno other then revert to older release of it.

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not sure, just test & check in Graph Studio (graphedit) that DXVA it's used on output.

Regards
    Roy

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure of the current situation, but a quote from another site: "The DirectShow support was removed from the AVC & VC1 codecs that comes with the PDVD 8 Build 2521 Ultra and PDVD 9 Build 1501 Ultra..So AVC codecs which comes with the latest PowerDVD Ultra package are not able to use in other apps.."

(AVC = H.264)

Tony

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not sure of the current situation, but a quote from another site: "The DirectShow support was removed from the AVC & VC1 codecs that comes with the PDVD 8 Build 2521 Ultra and PDVD 9 Build 1501 Ultra..So AVC codecs which comes with the latest PowerDVD Ultra package are not able to use in other apps.."

(AVC = H.264)

Tony
    According to the Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 site, about half way down the page, PDVD9 supports CUDA (NVidia) and Stream (ATi).

Does this mean that it does not use DirectShow, but instead uses the native hardware acceleration of the card?

MLH01

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

(AVC = H.264)

Tony
    According to the Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 site, about half way down the page, PDVD9 supports CUDA (NVidia) and Stream (ATi).

Does this mean that it does not use DirectShow, but instead uses the native hardware acceleration of the card?

MLH01

No, thats different things dxva uses for decoding stream and CUDA (NVidia) and Stream (ATi) uses for picture quality optimazing with TrueTheater™ HD. its not a codec feature, but powerdvd application itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom