Mediaportal keeps crashing (1 Viewer)

Mike_S

Portal Pro
December 10, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

Please can anyone help me. MP keeps crashing. sometimes it happens when recording but more recently it hapens when we are watching programmes and will be about 5-10 minutes in,

It is a complete mystery to me and has been happening for a couple of weeks now.

I could really do with your help as my wife is sitting next t me giving me earache.

Logs attached

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I wonder if this is down to webepg, its showing a couple of errors

06-24 21:51:06.296875 [ERROR][WebEPGGrabber thread]: WebEPG: ChannelId: movies4men.co.uk grabber error - stopping
    2009-06-24 21:52:47.312500 [ERROR][WebEPGGrabber thread]: HTMLPage: GetInternal error: The operation has timed out
    2009-06-24 21:52:47.312500 [ERROR][WebEPGGrabber thread]: WebEPG: ChannelId: 2@movies4men.co.uk grabber error - stopping
    and as your update is set for 20:00hrs, the import would take place shortly after.

Preferably WebEPG should be run between 7-9am, this give a chance for the epg to be updated in the sql database, this can be quite intensive for a couple of minutes, so always better to get it outside peak viewing times.

Mike_S

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for replying
    I used to have webepg set for 6:00am but it never woke up. I had to manually kickstart webepg. So I set the time for 8:00 pm thinking that at least the PC would most likely be on to collect the EPG guide. This worked in most cases (until recently, anyway). But, when I looked the other day I found that there ere about 20 log files zipped up. I must have set MP to automatically restart after a crash.

Ok, so if we have narrowed it down to webepg is there anything that you suggest? This only really started after loading 1.0.2. I seem to remember an error message soon after regarding .NET3. Does this sound right?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Not sure of a good way around this, I'm using xmltvGUI with ForTheRecord, but then I have no movies4men to test :(

Might be worthwhile trying the xmltvGUI, just add the one channel in its settings\grabbers\UK Radio times\Channels and run the grabber and see if it will correctly populate the information for the faulty channel, by opening in notepad, if it does not, then I would remove it from the webepg config and add it to the dvb epg grab.

Mike_S

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks, Ray

I think I will try removing Movies4men from the config and see what happens... tomorrow! TVServer is recording just now. Thank goodness that is unaffected by MP crashing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom