mediaportal keeps crashing (1 Viewer)

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: any (maya, xfactor, streamedmp...)
Windows Version: 7
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi, for a few days, I've been having this problem.
mediaportal is extremely slow (even after being reinstalled) goes up to max memory consumption ans then crashes.
i can not use it at all
there's not much more i can say. feel free to ask questions

thanks a lot friends

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your skins, in particular Maya, look like they are causing problems. Try just running the basic Blue3 skin and see if you still have problems...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Yes I see the attempted SQLite access problems. That must be related to MovingPictures. Perhaps the way you migrated to MediaPortal 1.1.2 has messed up MovingPictures...
    Did you upgrade, or uninstall and then reinstall to get to 1.1.2?

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009
    I did both but I think my mistake was to replace my programData/team mediaportal/mediaportal directory with the saved one (backup)
    replacing the databases might have caused this problem.
    if so, is there a way I could restore my movingpictures database?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Sorry for the slow response. I don't know anything about movingpictures so I'm not sure how to do that. I recommend that you try asking that question in the movingpictures section of the forum.

Ventry

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, for a few days, I've been having this problem.
    mediaportal is extremely slow (even after being reinstalled) goes up to max memory consumption ans then crashes.
    i can not use it at all
    there's not much more i can say. feel free to ask questions

thanks a lot friends

A hard drive fail necessitated a re-install of MP for me recently.
    I re-installed Win7 Ultimate, full updates, MP 1.1.2 etc.
    It worked fine until first sleep.
    Upon wake up the symptoms you describe occurred. (memory usage fluctuated up and down between 950,000K and 350,000K and MP was slow. Everything was stuttery)
    Nothing would set it right apart from a total uninstall/re-install of MP would fix it. Until (of course) the first sleep/wake-up. Rinse and repeat.
    Now after much anger, frustration etc. I copied over an old MP 1.1.0 install and discovered that despite the age of the databases it worked just fine.
    Now I narrowed it down to one of 2 things:

1) I noticed that both the Tv and MP configuration programs on the fresh install had UAC shields on them and required user input to run.

2) One of the (many) Windows 7 updates. (perhaps one of these is the cause of 1). As I tried to install MP 1.1.0 on the updated Win7 and the UAC shield were there.)

Not sure which one. However I am placing my bet on 1). I believe the UAC requirements are screwing the wake-up process.

All I did to get my HTPC productive again was to update the old MP 1.1.0 install to 1.1.2 and update my databases and all is well. The only thing I didn't do was update win 7 and the UAC sheilds are NOT on either configuration program.

So perhaps maxx you should check and see if your config programs have this UAC shield on them. If so, try to remove them. Failing that, re-install Win7 WITHOUT updates and then install MP and see if those UAC shields are there.

Hope this is of help and I wonder if any of the devs can impart their opinions on this matter?

Cheers
    Ventry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom