Mediaportal (myTV) doesn't work (1 Viewer)

Myself-

Portal Member
September 3, 2010
Hello,

I would like to install MP 1.0 RC2 because the new ones install me 4 shortcuts on my desktop and its very difficult to use. Before, I Had the 1.0 RC2 and everything was fine. I mean only 1 configuration shortcut, with configuration for my DVB-S Card... Now I have installl SQL, go to TV server configuration... I really don't understand how it works... It's not simply! Why? I don't know

Even when I launch MP, its very slow and TV never works... Please how can I install the old version?

Thanks!

Any HELP?

Myself-

Portal Member
September 3, 2010
OK here is my problem - easy to understand : i have no more TV on mediaportal since UPDATE to new version: In the first version there was no need to install CLIENT-SERVER version. Now everything is so difficult to configure.... Can someone help me to get back TV

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

If you are installing Mediaportal 1.2.0Beta, then when you install it, the installation process asks you several straight forward questions:

Install one click installation or advanced
    Installation type: single seat, client, or server
    Will you use this device to watch TV

Select Options - MediaPortal Wiki
    Advanced Installation - MediaPortal Wiki

Assuming you select the right answers, then everything is installed for you (client, server, database).

Yes you are right, the Mediaportal will install 4 icons/"programs":

Mediaportal client
    Mediaportal client configuration
    Mediaportal TV server
    Mediaportal TV server configuration

The wiki (and this forum) details how to intially configure everything - once you've done it, you'll b amazed at how easy it is.

As Rekenaar posted above, if you can send your logs/config it will help everyone to identify if there is a problem with the installed programs. Check here for instructions on capturing logs and whats required for getting help:

MediaPortal Forum - Announcements in Forum : General Support
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs

Thanks,

J.

Myself-

Portal Member
    September 3, 2010
    OK It seems that my problem is not understood.

In the old version of mediaportal, TV parameters were directly available in extended mode. You had to choose your DVB-S card and everything was OK. Now I tried with many version I don't know how to fix my problem. Please provide me a good tutorial to fix that. Come on dudes you created a version more difficult than the old one. I cannot get TV, because I don't know where is the parameters for TV.

I just want to have my TV workin with my DVB-S card. I have twinhan BDA drivers installed. and everything was working fine before but now i don't where to enable the TV option in the mediaportal's configuration.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

It is not in the MediaPortal configuration any more. What happened is that the TV part was taken out of MediaPortal and turned into a server so that TV cards could be shared by other computers on your network. The important TV configuration is now mostly in the TV Server configuration software . All the scanning, EPG configuration, channel managment... it is all in there. You can find all the information that you need about how to use TV Server configuration on the wiki -->here<--.

Myself-

Portal Member
    September 3, 2010
    OK. When I go on TV i have a error message: no graph. How can I fix that? I have DVB-S card twinhan workin on progDVB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Myself

I need logs to be able to help you with that error. Please find the "debug mode" shortcut in the MediaPortal folder in your start menu and use it to export all your logs (option 3). That should create a zip file. All you need to do is post the zip file here.

mm
    :)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You must first open the TV-Server app and up top under TV Servers you have to first SEE that your tuner is there and then perform a scan of available channels... that should get you started!

Myself-

Portal Member
    September 3, 2010
    Now it's working... But I when I use TV mode it's very slow.... when picture take the half part of the screen it's very laggy....And when I switch the channel it's so laggy: it takes several seconds to change the channel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom