MediaPortal on South Africa "PC Format" magazine's Top50 (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi All

I was very pleased to see that MediaPortal was included on the top50 free-apps of South Africa’s “PC Format “magazine this month. Hopefully it will increase the number of South African users, and thereby make more HTPC hardware and support available in this country. My only concern is that the version included on their DVD was 1.0.1 and not 1.0.2, and that potential users would get irritated with the analogue problems that were present in 1.0.1.

Anyway my point being that MediaPortal succeeded in being noticed by the local computer-magazines, which will result in even more users.

To the MediaPortal team…..keep up the good work…..

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Great!
    Thanks for the feedback.

The whole team did some promotional emails way back to tell the world about the version 1 release (a few days before Christmas). PC Format was one of the three companies that I informed. Glad to finally see results even if it was not as a result of the promotional email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Yes.
    Yes.
    You will find the Pre Release version of MediaPortal 1.16.0 on our homepage now. Pre Releases are provided as a way for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than just the "previous" one, that I don't know. Probably made sense when it was designed (y)
    Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than...
    The IMDb+ scraper-script and plugin combination for Moving-Pictures is the first scraper to support custom options, allowing you to...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried again version 251 with same settings file as I use on 250 and 200 but find the colours flicker all over the place and it doesn't seem very stable. Gone back to 250 and it seems same as 200 - stable.
    I tried again version 251 with same settings file as I use on 250 and 200 but find the colours flicker all over the place and it...
    Overview AtmoHue is Windows application which allows you to receive color commands from AtmoLight and/or AtmoWin and forward those...
    Replies
    Views
    Might be a bit to much hassle for ya, but... you can always try MediaPortal out on a Virtual Machine first ;) You're correct that setting up our system isn't as easy as with Media Center, but like Neild7744 says: in the end you'll be happy you did it. You simply get SO much back if you invest a little bit more.... :love:
    Might be a bit to much hassle for ya, but... you can always try MediaPortal out on a Virtual Machine first ;) You're correct that...
    Hi There, I have been using Microsoft Media Center for the last couple of years ... most recently using WIN8 and an Acer Revo PC...
    Replies
    Views
    DC12V is the correct power. The LC8808 is a 3-channel constant current LED drive with resumable data transfers and internal display patterns. There are three open-drain constant current outputs, with a build-in PWM of gray scale. The range of input power is from +9V to +15V, and voltage-endurance of LED port is +12V. There is a...
    DC12V is the correct power. The LC8808 is a 3-channel constant current LED drive with resumable data transfers and internal...
    Introduction Over time there have been many Windows alternatives to Atmowin and under Linux there is Bobilight however there is...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom