Mediaportal rocks!!!! (1 Viewer)

ltooz_audis

Portal Member
March 12, 2009
Fremont, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After getting all my blu-ray BD to MKV & DVD9/5, I started to look for a way to control all my media with the old remote wonders that I had from all the old ATI all in wonder cards. A friend of mine showed me his MEEDIO setup, I was impressed with all the icons and his mce remote, but he couldn't help me to set it up because he someone helped him to set it up and it's not users friendly at all. Someone on MEEDIO's forum mentioned about MEDIAPORTAL and there it was...:eek: in a few hours and a few days later, I got everything running.

MYMEDIAPORTAL(better watched in HD)

MEDIAPORTAL IN HD ACTION2

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there

Thanks for the feedback. Some users will only give negative feedback and therefore I am quite sure the developers and rest of the team will appreciate your positive feedback.

NJOY :D

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Good story. I came to MP after a stint with Meedio (and the separate Yahoo Media Center when they were separate) and GotAllMedia. Just like you somebody on another form told me there was this other program that had pretty good functionality. Once I switched I remember thinking "why would anybody who knows about MediaPortal keep using a different piece of software?"

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2007
    IJmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good thread this!

It's not perfect (I'd give it a 9 out of 10) but I absolutely love MP. I am impressed by the team that made MP. I hope you guys realise how much I appreciate all the effort you have put into creating the best solution for nearly all media. The speed of development is excellent. Fast bugfixes, development of new featurs, etc... I have not seen any comercial project or product that has such a good team behind it. Please accept a digital pat on the back!

Finally the "accepted by girlfriend" factor is VERY important. My girlfriend and I use oure MP system daily for TV, movies, photos and our music collection.

I'm looking forward to version 1.01 and hope it is released soon!

:D

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Lots of success stories out there (of course mine as well :D ).

Thanks for the feedback :)

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Hey Ltooz,

I just watched your YouTube videos and I notice that you exit MediaPortal to launch live TV in TotalMedia. I'm curious about why you do that? Do you find that TotalMedia has advantages over the MP TV engine? Faster zapping maybe?

Also, it looks like you have two PCs running MP. Is it a client and server setup? NAS and full builds on each?

Just curious. Looks like a nice setup.

ltooz_audis

Portal Member
    March 12, 2009
    Fremont, CA
    Home Country
    Hello,
    My KWORLD HDTV plus card is not supported. I'll look into the TV part of MEDIAPORTAL. Actually, I use OTA HDTV to watch CSI and other good shows, I use the card to record in HD and play later when I don't have time. It's not a must have for me right now, but others are.
    Mediaportal is a great software that has great plug-ins and skins for anyone. The only problem with all the new software without thousands of engineers like MS or other big companies is that it's not well documented... NO ISO10000:D . Anyhow, it's up to the users to help each others and spread the words. I'm finishing up the write up for basic MEDIAPORTAL SETUP

Yes, I do have NAS, we have 2 40" LCD HDTV and 2 HTPC, wireless network with N300. Sharing files and playing files. But for now, since the Hard drives are so inexpensive, 1TB for under $100.00, I throw 1 for each HTPC. Wireless even with 300N still cause some trouble of streaming big files like 5-8GB MKV movies between the upstairs/downstairs. Before with 4.2GB DVD movies, it was a breeze.

Thanks for the comments on my setup... They're actually very inexpensive and pretty potent:)

Cheers and GO GO MEDIAPORTAL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom