mediaportal setup crashes in plugins (1 Viewer)

tomvdduin

Portal Member
March 26, 2006
Aalsmeer
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

I tried installing the new TV engine on my pc. I uninstalled my previous setup and renamed the Mediapotal folder, so I could start with a fresh setup.

I downloaded and installed all the needed programs (SQL server express, TV engine server + client) without problems, until the step to enable the client plugin in the mediaportal setup app.

Firstly, I removed my TV-card. After that, I clicked on the 'plugins' folder, and then Mediaportal crashes, with the debugcode in the attachment.

Before I installed the client, I also ran the setup program, then the plugins folder opened without an error.

My configuration:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 with SVN build of 1st april.
MediaPortal Skin: bluetwo wideview
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1. TV Card: FireDTV firmware 1.2.6
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 4.2.0 BDA

I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything. I installed the latest SVN build of MP and the TV engine (both of the 1st of april).

What's wrong?

DonPat2007

Portal Member
April 20, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I have the same problem like tomvdduin.

I have done the installation according to the videos.
Mediaportal was already running on my computer, I just installed all new stuff and a new svn.

After entering the plugins folder in the mediaportal setup, mediaportal crashes. Nevertheless I can use the TV server and the client. After uninstalling the client mediaportal and the plugins folder behave ok.

Any idea? Or is it really absolutely necessary to make a complete new installation?

Thanks,
Patrick

DonPat2007

Portal Member
April 20, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks a lot dareh. I will try this.

I don't know why I did not find the post during my search in the forum.
Anyway, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom