MediaPortal Setup / Queries / Issues (1 Viewer)

Cadriel

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All,

I have a couple of glitches with my HTPC that i'd like to resolve before putting it into "full production" as such. I.e., sticking it in the lounge and getting my wife to use it exclusively. I'm hoping someone in here has some helpful hints for me to get it to this point. :)

1/
Channel changes are a glitchy. When changing channels, the picture will freeze for a second - then swap channels - then stutter 2 or 3 times before getting back in sync. I've tried both the PowerDVD8 codec and the Arcsoft one. Both have the same issue.

2/
Going into sleep works, coming out of sleep works - however, upon resuming from sleep Media Portal crashes. I'm running the latest SVN. Sometimes the watchdog doesn't even catch it - it's just "not there" upon resuming. Any hints here?

3/
No matter what I try, I can't get prime (the one and only analogue channel I want) working properly. As soon as I change the channel to my prime one - MP hangs for AGES. Sometimes it just breaks, other times it returns something along the lines of no data.. it's really unstable. Yes - I've setup my hybrid cards correctly, and yes - i've ordered them in order to try and resolve. Any other thoughts here?

I'd like to keep startup times as quick as possible too, so trying to avoid the option to delay startup of tuners and stuff would be beneficial.

Also - furthering on point 2 above, when resuming - can mediaportal be configured to automatically start the TV again? I want it to work similar to how our current tuner works - i.e., you turn on it on and there's the TV! Generally the wife will just hit the power button while TV is running when she's done watching, if this helps with resolutions.

4/
This one's got me really confused. If I watch the same feed from a set top box I have, the picture fills the screen nicely for 4x3 broadcasts (over the digital feed). The black bars on the left and right are there, and I understand this. However - when watching through MediaPortal - these black bars are bigger. It's almost as if the height of the feed is larger - therefor condensing the picture into a small space.

On some SD widescreen broadcasts (again over the digital feed) - the picture doesn't seem centered? I.e., there's more black space on the left than there is on the right. It's only out by a cm or two, but its noticable.

Also - on one channel I see a small white bar on the top left of the feed. It's almost as if this part of the picture was never intended to be seen?

Finally - on widescreen HD broadcasts - it appears to fill the screen perfectly.

Now, is this supposed to be where I set the crop settings to resolve the above issues? And If I DO do this, will it ruin the 1 to 1 pixel mapping?

So - any help would be mucho apreciated! :)

Specs are as per below; no logs posted as I don't think they're required here? :)

TV-Server Version: Latest SVN
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 Latest SVN
MediaPortal Skin: Indigo 2.0
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
CPU Type: Intel E8200
HDD: Seagate 1TB
Memory: Corsair XMS2 2GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3
Video Card: MSI E8500GT HDMI
Video Card Driver: Geforce 175.19
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek
Sound Card AC3: SPDIF Passthrough