Mediaportal starts to fast! (1 Viewer)

tomeliten4

Portal Member
September 29, 2006
Seljord
Home Country
Norway Norway
Whene Mediaportal autostarts I have to close it and start i over again to get My TV to work.

seams like Mediaportal starts to fast......what cane i do?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I've noticed this too. It's not always for me, just some times.

I guess as an temporary fix, you can activate a lot of plugins. Each plugin causes the start up to be a bit longer.
    For it to happen to you all the time I am guessing you have very minimum plugins installed.

goatse

Portal Member
    January 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You can also try these temporary tricks to make mp start later:

Disable autostart from mp-settings and create a shortcut of mediaportal into Start->programs->Startup -folder.

MP will start a little bit later.

Try to boot now couple of times and check if this solved the problem, if that didn't help try to create a batch file like this:

ping 1.2.3.4 -w 1000 -n 5
    c:\program files\.....\mediaportal.exe (I dont remember the whole path)

and put that batch file into startup folder. WinXP doesn't have a sleep command so pinging a non existing address will make a delay - that why the ping is there.

Erbsenkopp

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i use the batch inkl. attached file.

The waiting for SQL and TV Service was from a tip from another mp user.

I added the wait command, ´course my CAM wasn´t ready every time.

I placed the batch in mp folder and have a link in window autostart.

Regards,
    Erbsenkopp

CommGuru

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    I too have seen this happen fairly often on my own install and just closing MP and restarting it does work. I'll too have to look into some delayed method of starting MP or maybe further prioritizing of SQL/TVE3 to make it start 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the error. After uninstalling MpUrlSourcesplitter(x64) I installed the MpUrlSourcesplitter(x86). But the error message still comes.
    I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the...
    Just completed a clean install of Win 10 followed by MP 1.31. During install the installer hung up because I didn't have .net 3.5...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 IPTV in New Zealand DE
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    I would love to get IPTV working on my Mediaportal. I have the TV server and three clients working great, but a recent power supply...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom