[other] Mediaportal Startup: Stuck on starting plugins & Configuration.exe process not ending (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    System Details

Mediaportal 1.1 + SVN version 11-30-2009 (21-44-Rev24281)
    Win XP Pro SP3
    Standalone client with tvserver installed
    HP MCE Compatible remote control
    I have setup mediaportal to restart on resume, as occasionally i get a crash on resuming.

Description of problem

On resume, mediaportal attempts to restart
    It seems to gets stuck on "starting plugins..."
    After this mediaportal hang, configuration.exe process won't end after clicking 'ok'
    If I restart tvserver process then it fixes the above two problems.

Detailed description of problems

On resume, mediaportal attempts to restart
    It hangs on "starting plugins..."
    I use CTRL+ALT+DEL to kill process, at this stage I look over the process list, and see that tvserver is running and configuration.exe is not running (As expected)
    If I try to run mediaportal.exe again it still hangs on the same screen "starting plugins..."
    I use CTRL+ALT+DEL to kill process again.
    Now I attempt to run configuration.exe, it seems to run fine, i disable lots of plugins because i wonder if they are causing the problem (I disable moving pics/trailers/tvseries/tv plugin)
    When I click 'ok' to save changes, configuration.exe seems to close, however if i look in task manager i can see that configuration.exe process is still running, and the only way to stop it running is to kill process.
    If I run configuration.exe and then click 'cancel' (it quit and not save changes), then the process ends as expected.
    If I retry mediaportal.exe, it still hangs on "starting plugins..." so I re-enable moving pics/tvseries/trailers/tv plugin.

Now just out of interests sake i decide to kill process on tvserver.
    Now when i run configuration.exe and click ok, it closes properly.
    When I run mediaportal.exe it automatically restarts tvserver and loads correctly (ie doesn't get stuck on starting plugins..."

Analysis

So it seems that a problem with tvserver after resume is effecting the starting of mediaportal, and is also preventing configuration.exe from closing correctly. Attached are my log files, sorry i don't have clean log files showing the problem.

I see the following error in tvserver_error.log
    2010-01-07 20:33:22.718750 [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread]: RemoteControl - Error checking connection state

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom