mediaportal stops responding (1 Viewer)

bergsprekken

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi, Mediaportal works nice as long as im watching.
After a long time a windows message appears stating that mediaportal stopped working. It seems like it always happens when I change the input on my tv from hdmi1(mediaportal) to hdmi2(xbox360). Can it be that the video card detects this and goes to sleep or something and makes it stop?

edit: I found this error in the event log in xp stating that mediaportal.exe crashed.
"Faulting application mediaportal.exe, version 1.0.0.21149, stamp 494e6202, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.3053, stamp 4889d619, debug? 0, fault address 0x0001500a."

The generated logs are provided as attachement here.

TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 duo E6300 @ 1.86GHZ
HDD: Western Digital 74GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus P5K Deluxe wifi
Video Card: HSI Radeon HD 4650 silent
Video Card Driver: 8.561
Sound Card: ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.0.50000.8
1. TV Card: Digital-Everywhere FloppyDTV T/CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: SilverStone
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Panasonic th42
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Callumgw

Portal Pro
June 2, 2008
Home Country
me too!

I get issue too, when I switch my TV from HDMI (MediaPortal to Denon 2809 to TV) source to the TV (inbuilt TV tuner) and back. MediaPortal crashes and shows only two frames and changes between them like it's stuttering ....Haven't yet been able to get past this without shutting down...
This only happens while the TV stream is running, in every other setting (radio, music, etc...) it seems to work fine.

C

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think you guys are on to something here... I have the same windows stop error... Here's my thread, but I think I was barking up the wrong tree with the recording thing.

Do both of you have ATI Graphics cards and are you using HDMI for audio? If so, I believe it could be related to the audio portion rather than video. When you pull HDMI, the sound device turns into an inactive state which will probably throw anything that's trying to use it into a fit of rage... I'm going to test this hunch momentarily by disabling HDMI audio while it's being used by media portal and see what happens.

With that being said, I don't belive there is a way to force windows into keeping HDMI audio alive when there is no connection. Only options are to either use analog audio or hope that the dev's can figure a work around for this.

bergsprekken

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
I am using an ATI graphics card with hdmi audio.. I have just learned to live with this issue but I hope theres a solution out there.
It also happens if I turn off my tv..some times I jsut want to turn off the tv if im going out for a bit, but not mediaportal..At the moment I turn off the tv I can hear the mediapc start to work and I know that it has crashed :) Only thing i have to do then is ctrl+alt+del and alt+tab to get to the process manager and close mediaportal.exe. Or try to click the "do not send a report" button on the error message... Then im back to the desktop and can start mediaportal again.

I read your thread kkozma and noticed it has been fixed with a special dll :)
Im gona test it right now.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/mp-crash-when-recording-viewing-same-channel-new-info-55532/index3.html#post387496

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom