MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 03-26-2008 05-05h - Revision:18279 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
1) Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

Important notice: The backup function wont work for Vista atm, here you need to save your configuration manually. A rewrite is planned but will take some more time for testing.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changes since last snapshot:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

dev note

SetupTv 26/03/2008 [01:48:19] rtv added: integrated Recording-Import-Tool (from Matroska tags) into recording section.

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

link1896

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Home Country
bug/error?

after a fresh install of 0.2.3.0 and adding build revision 18279 I cannot play video clips and get:

[ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:exception while creating DShow graph Unable to load DLL 'dshowhelper.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I have added the results of the sxstrace into the zip file

doing a complete uninstall and a fresh install of 0.2.3.0 get sme back to working, but I'm keen for tvengine

am i missing configuring something? is this a known problem?

thanks for any help

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    after a fresh install of 0.2.3.0 and adding build revision 18279 I cannot play video clips and get:

[ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:exception while creating DShow graph Unable to load DLL 'dshowhelper.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I have added the results of the sxstrace into the zip file

doing a complete uninstall and a fresh install of 0.2.3.0 get sme back to working, but I'm keen for tvengine

am i missing configuring something? is this a known problem?

thanks for any help

I had exactly the same issue with the latest SVN builds (since those of 3/19/08). I now reverted back to the SVN build of 3/18/08 and the 'dshowhelper.dll' issue is gone :D
    I still need to figure out how to get my DVD's (stored on HDD) played :mad:

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    We are experiencing some filters issues. So please be patient and wait for developpers to find a complete solution...

Thanx

Simone

link1896

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    We are experiencing some filters issues. So please be patient and wait for developpers to find a complete solution...

Thanx

Simone

is there any combination of builds that will allow me to get tv server working for now?

thanks

shsalmi

Portal Member
    November 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Thanx

Simone

Hi,
    Is this filter issue causing my MP to crash when i STOP watching TV or recorded shows....?
    Starting and watching live TV and recorded shows goes OK; but when I stop watching them, MP crashes totally, sometimes even so badly that only powerbutton resolves it.

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/sssalmi/mp_tv_crash7.zip
    http://personal.inet.fi/koti/sssalmi/mp_req_crash.zip

should I also wait or do I have some other issues in my system

- Thanks -

PS:
    should the log files have DxDiag.txt, mine does not :confused:

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country