MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 04-03-2008 05-05h - Revision:18530 (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is the first SVN that the dreaded streaking appears on the GUIDE screen of MyTV.. seems to be related to the scaling of the video image for that page as it doesn't occur on any other page. I'm using FooTwo.

Otherwise.. this seems to be the most stable version I've had in a while. Although, I haveb't used all the features of MP yet... other than MyMUSIC.

Chuck

It seems the issue has cleared itself after a few minutes playing.... just odd. :confused:

Chuck

blobo

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    How do you exactly gather the needed logs? MyVideos section hasn't been working here for a few weeks or so (currently using 17890). One or two video files play, but all others just make MP to freeze and i get no picture. Recorded files play fine through tve.

I was trying to create the logs using the debug tool, but at least i didn't see anything interesting in the files that it gathers

E: Now the debug tool seemed to work. I'm using reclock, but don't get scared of that. the behavior is the same with and without it. I had to end the process after i tried to play a file.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've not put the TVE3 on the laptop at all at the moment, just trying to get videos playing again before trying TV.... I'll try installing the TVE tho and see if it makes a difference.....otherwise anything else I can do??

Hi, no for now just try updating to the latest svn. there is no reason why that dll should not load. Its working for all of the devs and testers. Also, make sure this is installed

Download details: Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

you will get this a lot if nobody fixes mediaportal or SVN from mediaportal..
    in the final release .0.2.3.0 or in the SVN (dont know which one it is) is a slipstreamed quit mode install of an earlier package C++ .. and NOT SP1..
    and it seems to mess up an earlier proper install of SP1..
    Everyone using tvserver client and mediaportal will have this problem!!
    Please let them slipstream C++ SP1 in the package instead of the normal old release!

or leave it out and add it as a prerequisite !

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    I've not put the TVE3 on the laptop at all at the moment, just trying to get videos playing again before trying TV.... I'll try installing the TVE tho and see if it makes a difference.....otherwise anything else I can do??

Hi, no for now just try updating to the latest svn. there is no reason why that dll should not load. Its working for all of the devs and testers. Also, make sure this is installed

Download details: Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

you will get this a lot if nobody fixes mediaportal or SVN from mediaportal..
    in the final release .0.2.3.0 or in the SVN (dont know which one it is) is a slipstreamed quit mode install of an earlier package C++ .. and NOT SP1..
    and it seems to mess up an earlier proper install of SP1..
    Everyone using tvserver client and mediaportal will have this problem!!
    Please let them slipstream C++ SP1 in the package instead of the normal old release!

or leave it out and add it as a prerequisite !

This will be taken care of in the near future.

Rudi99

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV still doesn't work here since changing from svn 2008-03-10--Rev17872: Turning on TV only results in small blue message-window "TV OK", TV-windows stays black and TV-on-button turns back to not-checked. 17872 is the last svn that works for me. (tried to install several svn's between 17872 and 18530..., i don't use TV-server)

AmenRa

Portal Member
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    More information.
    I tried to play Recorded TV - I do get a picture but no audio.

OK, I think I posted the wrong logs (from TV Server not MP). I found this:

error.log said:
    2008-04-03 05:08:54.745260 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:exception while creating DShow graph Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at MediaPortal.Player.BaseTSReaderPlayer.ITSReader.SetRequestAudioChangeCallback(ITSReaderCallbackAudioChange callback)
    at MediaPortal.Player.TSReaderPlayer.GetInterfaces(String filename)
    2008-04-03 05:08:54.746260 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed
    2008-04-03 05:09:54.821260 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
    -2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    2008-04-03 05:09:54.821260 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
    2008-04-03 05:09:54.821260 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    2008-04-03 05:09:54.822260 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2008-04-03 05:09:54.822260 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    2008-04-03 05:10:09.276260 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:exception while creating DShow graph Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at MediaPortal.Player.BaseTSReaderPlayer.ITSReader.SetRequestAudioChangeCallback(ITSReaderCallbackAudioChange callback)
    2008-04-03 05:10:09.277260 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed
    2008-04-03 05:10:14.863260 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:exception while creating DShow graph Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at MediaPortal.Player.BaseTSReaderPlayer.ITSReader.SetRequestAudioChangeCallback(ITSReaderCallbackAudioChange callback)
    2008-04-03 05:10:14.863260 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Same problem with mytv.

End up with a blank screen with mytv written top left and all I can do is select OK and go back to menu. Cant turn on TV and if I do I get this blank screen all the time.

Going back to the original 2.3.0 non build now.

AmenRa

Portal Member
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    I fixed my problem.

1. I upgraded MP to build 18550 using the new installer.

2. I upgraded TVE to build 18550 using the new installer.
    During the TVE installation I had it COMPLETELY REMOVE the previous version (it's an ARE YOU SURE option during installation) and install the new 18550 version fresh.

The only issue I am having now is that every now and then while watching recorded TV I do not get audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom