MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 04-04-2008 08-39h - Revision:18550 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
1) Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

Important notice: The backup function wont work for Vista atm, here you need to save your configuration manually. A rewrite is planned but will take some more time for testing.

MediaTobiPortal

Portal Pro
December 13, 2004
Confirm problem:

${NAME} has encoutered a problem....

Problem Signature is:
AppName: mediaportal-svn--04-04-2008--08-39-rev18550.exe AppVer: 0.9.3.18550 ModName: xml.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000dbd0

INSTALLING YESTERDAY`S SVN (18530) BEFORE HELPS !!!!

batboy

Portal Member
December 16, 2005
Hi,
I have a fresh install with MP 0.2.3.0 final.
Trying to install this SVN (as admin) gives me an 'unhandled Win32-exception ... [520]' depending on the JIT-Debugger, just after selecting the install-button. Maybe this is caused by the new installer (?)
SVN 18530 works.

batboy

MrPaulo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

I've also seen the same problem (need Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable package) after trying to place the on top of svn 18062.

EDIT: After reading revisions on 18530 it states that this will happen to a lot of people, and that the package is needed (and will be sorted in the near future)... once that was installed, the installation seemed fine.

I've installed this svn on two machines. The first seems to have worked fine. The second would hang on startup (starting recorder). There was an error.log which indicated an file i/o error that directshowlib.dll could not be found. From looking at the mediaportal folder I could see it on one machine, but it was missing from the second machine??

Anyway, I copied it from the first to the second machine and it is fine now, but somehow following the installation process on two machines, one lost it...

BTW - I wouldn't believe me either - but it happened ;)

MrPaulo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
After copying dll, things still weren't right. I removed media portal, and went back to 0.2.3 final, then applied the svn update 18550 (without applying 18062 first). This is what happened on the first machine (it didn't have 18062). and now it is all good. So I guess it was something with going from 0.2.3->18062->18550. When I go 0.2.3->18550 direct it works fine.

So - are you supposed to be able to apply svns on top of svns? or should an svn only be applied on top of a clean stable release?

Thanks.

BTW - great work guys, MP keeps getting better and better!

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
    1) Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0, not necessary if already done
    2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
    3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
    BTW, it's recommend always to use a clean 0.2.3.0 installation, with the old installer, even if updating on top worked sometimes. Same for the new one, if you have problems, pls, try with a clean 0.2.3 -> svn, if this all works you can copy your settings back.

I am still trying to get the install error fixed, only got it on VMware, not on my real machine.

for those who has problems, stay at a working snapshot pls

so stay tuned
    regards
    chefkoch

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom