MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 04-07-2008 05-06h - Revision:18566 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
1) Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

Important notice: The backup function wont work for Vista atm, here you need to save your configuration manually. A rewrite is planned but will take some more time for testing.

jimbolina

Portal Pro
August 6, 2007
Home Country
Still the same crash with xml.dll but I noticed that if I choose a different install location the install goes through fine.

Temp workaround: Use a different install location for MP!

Just a note, the svn installer automatically appends "\MediaPortal\" to your selected install directory so be careful!

I installed 0.2.3.0 to "c:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\mp\ "
When I selected this folder during the svn install, it set the install folder to "c:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\mp\MediaPortal\"

I just removed the "\MediaPortal\" and it worked fine.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    As above but the instal crahses if the instal directory is a different name. like mediaportalOLD.

error $[name] has stopped working.

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The $NAME abnormal termination when installing this SVN and each other since 18530 is still present. Investigating the event log shows this description:

"The error occurred on 04/07/2008 @ 18:15:54.936 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 00AA3333 (XML!SetAttributeValue)"

Does that help anyone understand why the installation is failing since SVN18530 on installation to a Windows XP SP2 client.

Interestingly, as indicated above, if a change is made to the install directory, the file installs correctly. Of course, that produces an invalid installation, but it might indicate that a change is being made to an XML file in the install directory that is failing. Could it be that a change is being attempted to an XML file value that has not been created in an earlier SVN installation?

Cheers Mike

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    As above but the instal crahses if the instal directory is a different name. like mediaportalOLD.

error $[name] has stopped working.

That is interesting...

When I was playing with it earlier, I tried installing to the default location but I deleted the "l" at the end making it "\mediaporta" and it worked fine. Maybe the word "mediaportal" suffixed with anything else is a problem?

I'll check it out later.

Froschkönig

Portal Member
    January 20, 2008
    When the svn file and the target location are on the same partition, the installation worked. On different partitions I got the $Name error.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I only have one partition and get the same error.

complete uninstall, then re-install. I will try the "re-name" trick to see if that works.

cics

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 30, 2007
    Drammen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Confirm the re-name trick works.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If I install mediaportal in the default location, it fails when trying to install the SVN.

If I install mediaportal in the default location, then try to install the SVN by browsing to the location of the install (the default location), the SVN fails. I tried this thinking that maybe it was something with that dialog that was not passing the default location along correctly without re-entering that path info.

If I change path of the mediaportal install, the svn installs fine. I have tried 2 different install dir names. "c:\program files\mediaportal", and "c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaport"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom