MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 04-29-2007 01-03h - Revision:14446 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:

1) Install latest MediaPortal Release 0.2.2.0, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

Core 28/04/2007 [21:48:01] Bavarian added: fixing mantis bug 970 - spinbutton is displayed focused, even if another control already got the focus

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Freeze on overlay with MP minimised

I've always used MP in overlay mode on my TV for playing movies and watching TV. The main MP window is running on my (primary)lcd monitor. It was always possible to minimize the MP window on my lcd and still watch the movie/tv on my (secondary monitor)TV. This still works perfect with SVN of 13/03/07, but all the later/latest SVN's I've tried make the overlay on TV freeze as soon as I minimize the MP window on my LCD.

To keep the WAF high, I'm still running SVN of 13/03/07, as soon as I try a newer SVN the WAF drops from 9/10 to 2/10.

IS it possible to find the software change that made this happen and correct it for the freeze on ovelay with MP minimised?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Minimize to tray has had the effect of pausing playback of most video and tv files since that svn.

Simply pressing play on the keyboard or remote starts playback while minimized, you also have to ensure that 'gain focus' is dissabled for the key press other wise MP will reimerge from the tray to desktop again.

EDIT

Just checked the latest svn and playback is not actioned while minimized by the remote or keyboard so the above isn't working, this should be fixed.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Coverart for music isn´t updated on song change in fullscreen viz here
    artist, title etc. change as supposed to.
    (B2 4:3 and sonique viz)

tomtom

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    High CPU usage bug still present after TV turn off with TV server .3.

Start MP, MP uses 10% cpu .
    Go to settings scroll speed and 50 or 75 FPS can be achieved no problem.

Go to MYTV, turn on tv (its not the best, stuttery at the moment) At any time turn off TV and you can tell MP GUI isn't smooth now and MP is susing 80-90% cpu in any GUI page.

Go to settings scroll speed and it struggles to achieve 28 FPS.

The only way to correct this to restart MP.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    problem in "now playing"

My music - Now playing

If you return to home, (H key) the album cover picture doesn't go and hides the menu!!

This is new, I had not this problem with the previous SVN (march 19).

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Tomtom,
    yes I confirm your bug.
    This bug is also reported into the mantis section, twice if I remember well.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I confirm: using the bass engine with vizualisation, the problem doesn't occur.

There is another thing: when I shut down MP, I have the following pup up: "MP has had a problem and must be closed" (but this message appears when MP is yet closed, or maybe there is an hidden part of the program which is still open?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom