MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 05-16-2007 00-59h - Revision:14637 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:

1) Install latest MediaPortal Release 0.2.2.0, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

Music 15/05/2007 [22:33:33] Koudijs added: Fixed music overlay problem when both upmixing and crossfading are used

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

Oceanwatcher

Portal Member
April 23, 2007
Goiania, Brazil when I am not travelling because o
Home Country
Norway Norway
I am not sure if this should be reported as a bug - anyway it is something that really bugs me!

The radio listing will not get sorted the way I want it to be sorted. I go into the configuration and move stations up and down, but after I save and go back to look, they are back in the same order I entered them in the first place.

So far, I only have streaming radio stations in this list. But I guess this is a known problem?

I tried my new tuner, an MSI DigiVox II analogue and digital tuner. MP do not recognize it and I have seen several threads about this in the forum. Would it be possible to have this tuner added to the standard installation of MP? The tuner is ok and the most important thing for me about it is that the analogue part supports most TV standards in the world. So you need to include a switch somewhere to choose what standard to use. Also, there should be to switches that allow you to delay audio and video depending on the one that is ahead if picture and sound is not in sync from the tuner. The steps of delay should be 40 milliseconds for PAL (one frame of video). I do not know the equivalent for NTSC.

I really appreciate the work everyone is doing on this and will help as much as I can with the testing of the program. At the moment, I am a guest teacher at a university college in Norway and I am trying to set MP as the standard media center system here and get the university to invest in a multiterrabyte server to host all videos used in education so teachers do not need to mess with VHS, BetaSP and DVD anymore during teaching.

During the installation of the system, I ran into a problem with rights on the local computer. I am not sure what parts of MP that still depends on stuff outside of its program folder. But something sure makes a lot of trouble. In fact, so much trouble that I could not get MP to work with the standard setup the university is using for their computers. So I will have to make a special setup for MP.

Usually, the access rights to c: is heavily restricted and students (and teachers) are not allowed to write to it. All writing has to go to a network drive. And that is no problem. We have gigabit network with high capacity routers and servers here. I would actually prefer to have MP as a zipped folder instead of an application that has to be installed. I know now that MP mainly uses the program folder for config info. Can we have the rest of things outside the program folder moved to the program folder so it becomes easier to roll out a complete setup of MP across a number of computers?

Enough rambling for now. I will get back to more installation. I will also try to start looking at how skins for MP is made.

hawihoney

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Freeze when Canceling Movie Database Scan

Hi,

Setup/Movies/Movie Database/Settings:

- add OFDB (german)
- add IMDB (english)
- Reset database
- check "Skip files already in database"
- hit "Update database from ..."

After successfully added 8 entries I had to Cancel because Setup was using 500MB of memory. After hitting Cancel the PC freezed and had to be restarted.

The only running applications were Setup and Firefox.

Thanks
Harald

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom