MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-07-2008 02-05h - Revision:19311.rar (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled automatically, every week on friday.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.​

Report Issues / Bugs:
  1. Before you start an bugreport, make sure that you system meets the ::requirements::
  2. After you checked the requirements, take a look at our ::Bugtracker::, to find out if your issue has allready been reported.
    Roadmap/Changelog: MediaPortal 1 - TV-Server - Installers
  3. If the Problem is not known yet, please have a look at the correct Bugreport forum.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
  1. Install MediaPortal 1.0 RC1, not necessary if already done
  2. Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
  3. Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
  4. Hopefully enjoy the new version
  5. If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-07-2008 02-05h - Revision:19311.rar

===> DOWNLOAD <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the related Bugsection. See first post for details.

Update for analog tuner users:
Use this updated TsReader.ax from Ambass

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some not yet tested fixes could have broken analog tv in this build.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does the new TS writer freeze-frame when it senses a drop in transmission quality... instead of displaying the interrupted data stream (pixelization and sputter) ? or is it behaving badly? (there were lots of intermittent freeze frames in the last half of the program - made for a bit jittery viewing)

Chuck

I did get a freeze and then a lock-up in MP.... I'm recording the program and it has just a couple minutes left... then I'll see what happened, I don't know if Server was affected or just Client.... I will probably have to reboot to get out of it.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Okay... I was able to close MP through the task manager (it surprised me when the window popped up on top of MP)

The recording completed during the MP Lock-up... so it looks like something in the MP/Client arrangement. This was an OTA digital channel.

here are the logs, if it will help.

thanks

Chuck

mizzourob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 16, 2008
    Lawrence, KS
    Home Country
    I noticed that when I selected a channel in the TV Guide, tuned full screen to the channel, then returned to the TV Guide it was not returning to the channel that I just watched, but instead jumped back to the 7th channel in the guide

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Did a fresh install of TV Server / MP. Two strange things

1. Originally no TV was possible ("no Audio/Video found").
    Reason was that TV Service could not start timeshifting because of a missing subdirectory "timeshiftbuffers" in the ApplicationData subdirectory as indicated in the TV Server log. TV was back on once this directory was manually created.​

2. TV picture freezes at MP start
    When TV is selected for the first time after MP is launched, a static picture of the selected channel appears and no sound can be heard. As soon as the same or another channel is (re-)selected, TV and sound are OK. The problem reappears if other functions, e.g. music play, are used in between and MP is then switched back to TV. It seems to have something to do with time shifting since playing with the arrow keys back and forth a little bit will eventually kick off TV.​

3. Radio channel change
    When changing radio channels the same channel is replayed again for some 0.2 seconds before MP changes to the new channel. This is a great improvement over the previous 20 sec delay. It may not be perfect but it is certainly acceptable for me.​

Regarding issue 2, please note that I exchanged a fully functional (under SVN 19228) Hauppauge WinTV card against a Pinnacle 4000i. Hence two changes were made, and the problem may also be related to the Pinnacle card rather than just to the new SVN.[/INDENT]

Regards, Johannes

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Major stutter dropped/frames on live and new recorded .ts DVB-T. within MP (the tvserver preview doesn't suffer this)

DVB-T radio broken in MP, no sound , although the TVSERVER produces the correct buffer files which play fine within VLC

For setup of tvserver the oddities still left are:

If you change the recording directory you need to exit the recording tab to 'manual control' and then back again for the path to be recognised in 'database import'

Setting up powerschedular for the first time (fresh instal) needs the tvservice to be cycled stop/start for PS to inititalize/start.

ON scan LCN for BBC1 MUX aren't being recognised, all channels on MUX set to 1000; other five UK MUX have no problem.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some not yet tested fixes could have broken analog tv in this build.

Hi, just curious about what the fixes are.... before jumping in the deep ;-)
    Ruud.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for integrating Hauppauge HVR-2200 support. It's working partially. I can configure everything and start timeshifting. But all I get to see when I run Mp and select a channel is a black screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom