MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 08-09-2007 01-01h - Revision:15483 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
1) Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

Important notice: The backup function wont work for Vista atm, here you need to save your configuration manually. A rewrite is planned but will take some more time for testing.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

mediaportal 08/08/2007 [14:00:19] gibman added: fixed a problem with "Show last active module" feature where dialogs were persisted.
PSClientPlugin 08/08/2007 [14:16:51] dero79 added: Stopping the player on suspend is more stable and faster now.
PSClientPlugin 08/08/2007 [14:17:29] dero79 added: When PSClientPlugin is enabled, POWER-button on remote also works under Vista (does not shutdown while TV3 is recording).
TvPlugin 08/08/2007 [16:40:04] gemx added: Added SF.NET Patch [1759398] Channel Number Support. Thanks W_Z
WebEPG 08/08/2007 [22:02:39] _James added: Config program - Fixed problems with empty merged tags in file

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

scirocco790

Portal Pro
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I installed this svn yesterday and there are the following problems:
- the wait for tvservice function does not help anything. also the wait xxx seconds function. i have to quit mediaportal and restart it if mediaportal is set to autostart.
the batch that was posted some months ago here in the forum works fine for autostarting mp!
- everytime i click on the quit button in the main menu i get a message that mediaportal is crashed

paulchen

Portal Member
July 21, 2006
i also installed this svn and ...

...the wait-function for tvservice does not help anything. ('have to quit mediaportal and restart it)

...everytime i click on the quit button in the main menu i get a message that mediaportal is crashed.

...the webepg-list is still emty (picture)

Attachments

• webepg-screen.jpg
    webepg-screen.jpg
    9.9 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Please open a thread on forum with exact description on what & how to reproduce & attach logs + system specs.

Regards
    Roy

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @all

could you please start providing decent reports WITH logfiles ???
    or are you all just posting to increase your postcount ???

:D

if thats not possible, then we may remove these threads per build again

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Open MP Setup & set a wait time & ok to close, it should wait x sec when MP starts up, seems like the value it's somehow overwriten by configuration when opened again (+ ok), well gemx have to look for that when he has time.

Regards
    Roy

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ...and here are my logs
    and for which issue?

step by step description + clean logs please.
    also disable all 3rd party plugins in case of issues.

:D

btw. the logs are useless because they are incomplete and loglevel is not set to debug.
    they do not show the start of mediaportal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom