MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-27-2008 11-11h - Revision:20339.rar (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled automatically, every week on friday.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.​

Report Issues / Bugs:
  1. Before you start an bugreport, make sure that you system meets the ::requirements::
  2. After you checked the requirements, take a look at our ::Bugtracker::, to find out if your issue has allready been reported.
    Roadmap/Changelog: MediaPortal 1 - TV-Server - Installers
  3. If the Problem is not known yet, please have a look at the correct Bugreport forum.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
  1. Install MediaPortal 1.0 RC2, not necessary if already done
  2. Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
  3. Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
  4. Hopefully enjoy the new version
  5. If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

Special notes about this SVN snapshot:

• This release adds a new column in the database that will hold information about if CAM should be used for each tv card.
    Unfortunately the database upgrade script set that field to 0 by default and thus the TV server will not try to enable the CAM. So if you suddenly experience "Channel scrambled" error messages, you need to open SetupTv, find your card and edit it's setting to turn on the use of CAM.

• EPG view is broken in this release, so if you use TV please dont update.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
===> DOWNLOAD <===

*EDIT* Download removed because of a db creation bug in that build

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the related Bugsection. See first post for details.

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
With this release the background of the skin goes black if I open the epg-windows while watching tv - with all skins. (BlueTwo, Xface...)

The build from last week does not have this error (just installed it over to test). I can reproduce it all the time.

Start Mediaportal (you don't even need to switch TV on)
Switch to EPG (it's normal)
Go back to the Home-Screen.
Switch to EPG again - I get this picture. The background is black and some elements and icons are not shown anymore.

Attachments

• picture_gui_EPG.jpg
    picture_gui_EPG.jpg
    52.1 KB

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
I just found out the source of my problem. It is the file "Dialogs.dll" that has been modified since the last build.

If I copy the Dialogs.dll from 20.09.2008 into the directory "Mediaportal\process\Windows\" the error does not appear anymore.

I want to point to another thing: Once I installed an alternative Firewire-Driver on my system. TVServer recognized my already installed FireDTV S2 as "new hardware". After I reverted back to the old firewire-Driver TVService still lists the new found hardware as "unknown device". After selecting and removing it, the entry still reappears every time if I refresh the menu in TVService.

Can you do it so that you can really delete those old obsolete entrys? (Look at the picture).

Attachments

• TVCardselect.png
    TVCardselect.png
    23.1 KB

rolfey

Portal Pro
January 25, 2005
I've not been able to use the last few SVN's because there seems to be a problem with the TVservice, it seems to be running, but the server front end seems to think it isn't and it just loops round complaining that the service isn't running.

I have this to be the case for the last few updates, as soon as I go back to RC2 it's fine. I have of course tried unistalling everything first more than once to no avail.

Mike

blaudden

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This release adds a new column in the database that will hold information about if CAM should be used for each tv card.

Unfortunately the database upgrade script set that field to 0 by default and thus the TV server will not try to enable the CAM. So if you suddenly experience "Channel scrambled" error messages, you need to open SetupTv, find your card and edit it's setting to turn on the use of CAM.

Good luck. :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've not been able to use the last few SVN's because there seems to be a problem with the TVservice, it seems to be running, but the server front end seems to think it isn't and it just loops round complaining that the service isn't running.

I have this to be the case for the last few updates, as soon as I go back to RC2 it's fine. I have of course tried unistalling everything first more than once to no avail.

Mike

i have the same problem but as there are important updates in every new svn what i do is launch a bat file that restarts the tvservice, then everything works fine.

taskkill /f /im tvservice.exe
    net start tvservice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom