MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 10-15-2007 14-22h - Revision:16236 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
1) Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC2, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

Important notice: The backup function wont work for Vista atm, here you need to save your configuration manually. A rewrite is planned but will take some more time for testing.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

setuptv 15/10/2007 [10:28:03] gibman added: was missing the "grab epg only for selected channel" option.
Mediaportal 15/10/2007 [14:04:34] dman_LFC added: Enabled 5.1 sound in WMV files when using the WMAudio Decoder DMO filter (which is default).

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
August 23, 2007
IJmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
First of all:

THANK YOU! for your work on the 5.1 WMA Audio problem.

Unfortunatly though for me it does not work. Here's a part of the log for playing a 5.1 WMA video:

2007-10-15 18:53:50.609375 [Info.][MPMain]: added filter:Default DirectSound Device to graph
2007-10-15 18:53:50.609375 [Info.][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: Found WMAudio Decoder DMO
2007-10-15 18:53:50.609375 [Info.][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: WMAudio Decoder now set for > 2 audio channels

Clearly MP now sees the audio is 5.1. However, graphedit shows that the audio stream is not passed onto the AC3 filter (or FFDshow Audio filter) so that it can be transcoded to AC3 (a requirement for 99% of receivers, as hardly any receivers understand WMA audio). According to graphedit the audio stream is sent directly to the audio renderer (SPDIF).

If I open the wma file directly in graphedit, or attach graphedit to MediaPlayerClassic's remote graph, I see the graph does go from WMA DMO to AC3 filter (And of course all works fine). Also, the wma file played with Windows Media Player sends the audio through AC3 filter, so that it transcodes the audio to 5.1 AC3.

I really look forward to you solving this one. THANKS again!

Luke

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    With this version I get the error message:
    "No password specified for current Audioscrobbler user."
    Even though the Audioscrobbler plugin is disabled.
    In order to close MP Configuration (and save my other settings), I had to:
    1. Enable Audio scrobbler.
    2. Enter a dummy password.
    3. Click "Save"
    4. Click "Save" again in the tabbed Audioscrobbler configuration dialog that opens after step 3.
    5. Disable Audioscrobbler

P.S. FIXED in SVN 16239
    :D

Dalwinder

September 9, 2007
    " Mediaportal 15/10/2007 [14:04:34] dman_LFC added: Enabled 5.1 sound in WMV files when using the WMAudio Decoder DMO filter"

Not working for me either.

This is the one thing I need to make my MediaPortal configuration perfect.

Using zoomplayer from within MP at the moment to get around the problem by using the excellent ZoomPlayer SmartPlay feature to override what ever windows wants to use to decode Video and or Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom