MediaPortal TV Client (Standalone) (1 Viewer)

dhanjel

Portal Pro
July 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I've began developing a new client for the tv-server (mostly for personal use), a lightweight client somewhat like the existing MPTVClient but with the VLC control integrated in the client.

The purpose of the player is to be able to watch tv-streams oncomputers in my network other than the htpc (which of course has the media portal client instead) without having to install the entire Media Portal application.

I was curious if anyone else might be interested in an application like this and if perhaps any developers (C#) out there want to help improve the client.

eCqZMqvNR.png

dhanjel

Portal Pro
July 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Give me a week or so (a lot at work right now) and I might have a beta-version for you guys

Iwen

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Seems very nice. Waiting on your version :)
Is it possible to set profiles for streaiming options like bitrate, resolution and so on?
Would be the first possible solution to watch over the internet without 6mb's upload.

da-anda

Portal Pro
December 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
wow, that is exactly what I was looking for. I'm a previous DBOX2-User and liked the possibility to have a small Live-TV window on my desktop while working in the evening. Using a little Java-App it was no big deal to do with DBOX2 - but although MP has a TV-Server it seems to be a big issue to get a light weight TV-Streaming-Client. So your tool is exactly what I was looking for. I just gave it a try, but it seems to fail to connect to the MySQL-DB, although username and password are correct. Might be that the client uses a CamelCase name of the DB whereas the MySQL-Server uses a lowercase name. Any chance to make that configurable?

Edit:
ok - seems like the client tries to connect to a MS-SQL-Server, but I use a MySQL-Server. Any chance to configure this?

Edit2:
I just modified the Gentle.config and it seems to nearly work. The only thing that's buggy now is, that it tries to load the "all channles" group which is quite bad and keeps the tool loading for about 15 minutes already :( RAM usage is at 120 MB already and increasing.

da-anda

Portal Pro
December 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
thanks for the link - I might give it a try. But I'm more in need of a standalone app that's able to wakeup the TVserver if needed (which is the case in 98% of the time when I need the app).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom