MediaPortal TV preview picture flashes (1 Viewer)

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a problem with NVIDIA decoder.
On my AMD machine with ATI Radeon X1250 built in graphic the preview TV picture in MeadiaPortal does not work. The pictue is dark and about every second there is a short flash where the picture is visible.
If the picture is has full window size it is OK.
If I swich off hardware accelleration it works fine also if I use anothe decoder eg. DScaler.
Also on another machine with P4 and NVIDA GeForce 6200 Graphic adapter there are no problems.

Did anyone find a solution for that ?
(the issue was already described in another thread)

Thanks,
Gregor

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had the same problem and was able to fix it using older ATI drivers. Version 7.2 was the one, I believe.

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks, garry - good hint
I have 8.353 ATI drivers installed. Will try to find 7.2, currently I am using DScaler which work quite good. May be I wait for new drivers before I go back. In any case my first step now is to google for known issues between the specific ATI driver release and the NVIDA pure vision release 1.02-223 - did not try this before.

Gregor

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi GregorV,

I had a similar issue and found it was because of HW acceleration being turned on for DirectShow filtert. Launch Config tool and go to Directshow filter control. Click on Power DVD and check if you have "Use HW acc" enabled for MPEG-2. If you do, unselect and try again.

This is how I got rid of the problem.

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom