MediaPortal unresponsive in My Music (1 Viewer)

gokhan

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD x2 4000+
HDD: WD 500GB SATA
Memory: 2GB 667 DDR2
Motherboard: GA-MA69GM-S2H
TV Card: DTV1000T
HTPC Case: NSK2480
Remote: MCE Remote
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI - HDMI

I have around 1700 songs stored on my harddrive, folder structure in the My Music directory is Artist>Album>Song (basically I just copied my iTunes library from my main PC over to the HTPC). When I select My Music in Media Portal, MP becomes unresponsive so I can't play any music or exit back to the main menu. I end up having to Alt+F4 and restarting MP and everything is fine (unless I go back to My Music). I have attached logs in the hope that someone can shed light on this problem. :D

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    see this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/ati-690g-x1250-problems-29894/

The cause is by the 690G chipset and the FLIPY instruction to create reflections.

To quickly confirm you have the same problem, when the screen freezes do a couple of key strokes like esc and then do ALT&ENTER (this will alternate between full screen and windowed mode). You should then see that you keystrokes before we done. It will lock up again when viewing a page that has reflections implemented. This fault only occurs on XP and not VISTA.

There are some modified skins in the abovementioned thread that remove the reflections.

gokhan

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for that, I used the modified xml files for 2 of the skins I have and the problem seems to have disappeared. Funny but I don't really notice anything missing from the skins though...

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for that, I used the modified xml files for 2 of the skins I have and the problem seems to have disappeared. Funny but I don't really notice anything missing from the skins though...

it is mainly to do with the reflections of the coverart in my videos/my music. the cd/DVD surroundings already have that emedded into the jpg, but the flipy function adds a reflection of the individaul coverarts. It is just a cosmetic thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom