Mediaportal using wrong codec why ? (1 Viewer)

bozzo70

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi .

I have Mediaportal and Tv server V3 installed . When i watch TV i choose under videocodecs

Powerdvd Video/SP BD-HD because I wanna watch SVT HD. I record for example Canal + and save the file.

I drop the file at Graphedit and see witch codec it is using.

The video is recorded with MPV Decoder filter why ?

Thats why I never can watch SVT HD because its using the wrong codec .

What can be done to solve this problem ?

I have TT S2 3200 tv card, i bought it because I want to se HD channels.

kuehnch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2006
    Cologne (Köln)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If u make use of graphedit to replay a file, "autograph" is used to build the graph. Each filter has a priority-value called merit. While graphbuilding Graphedit selects the filter with the highest merit-value in each case (demuxer, videodecoder, audiodecoder...). Search for radlight filter manager to modify the merit-values...

however, mediaportal uses a static-graph by using the configured filters (@ setup), so that the mediaportal-created graph differs from the graph, that graphedit has built by using autograph.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thats be cause the TV-Server Client Plugin is NOT useing the codec settings from configuration -> Television
    it uses the settings from configuration -> Movies

bozzo70

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Had to go to postprocessing and add PowerDVD H.264 codec and FFdshow raw filter. Now it's working but using a' lot of cpu. I have a' AMD AM2 4200+ and i have 90-100% when watching canal + HD and SVT HD ? Is that normal with this cpu.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Had to go to postprocessing and add PowerDVD H.264 codec and FFdshow raw filter. Now it's working but using a' lot of cpu. I have a' AMD AM2 4200+ and i have 90-100% when watching canal + HD and SVT HD ? Is that normal with this cpu

it's the GPU you need to get rid of the high cpu use. What graphics are you using, as PowerDVD codec is set to use Nvidia hardware acceleration, which usually means quite a beefy Graphics cards, ie 6600GT or higher.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I thought using FFDSHOW raw filter meant that you don't get hardware acceleration?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I think whatever you choose won't enable you to watch any dvb channels that use h.264 though. There's another thread about this and no-one seems to have a solution for it yet.

bozzo70

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Had to go to postprocessing and add PowerDVD H.264 codec and FFdshow raw filter. Now it's working but using a' lot of cpu. I have a' AMD AM2 4200+ and i have 90-100% when watching canal + HD and SVT HD ? Is that normal with this cpu

it's the GPU you need to get rid of the high cpu use. What graphics are you using, as PowerDVD codec is set to use Nvidia hardware acceleration, which usually means quite a beefy Graphics cards, ie 6600GT or higher.

Look to left at "My system"

Mainboard: Asus M2NPV-VM
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual 4200+
    RAM: Corsair Twin2X DDR2 1024 800Mhz
    Driver Nvidia 93.71 WHQL.
    PowerDVD 7.3
    FFdshow latest version.

A' friend to me has done the same thing with post processing and PowerDVD
    H.264. I have integrated 6150 graphic card in my motherboard, can that be a' problem ? He has the same tv card as me and same cpu. He has 25-40 % on cpu.

I installed CCCP codec pack and now I have 30-40 % on cpu when watching Canal +HD, but it can't decode SVT HD H.264
    8PSK . Tried with Coreavc but it dont work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom