MediaPortal WEB INTERFACE??? and more! plz help! :) (1 Viewer)

Dingle

Portal Member
April 27, 2008
Does Media portal RC1 have its own web interface for the tv guide? If so how do i access it? the documentation on this site is TERRIBLE! someone seriously needs to fix it up in a more coherent manner! anyway enough rambling... when i first installed media portal i didnt realise the importance of the MSSQL server password....i thought it was some mindless login stuff...anyway how do i find out what my password is now that its all installed and running with the auto password login saved? i need to know this cos im trying to install and use MediaPortal Web Server and Interface from ...MediaPortal Web Interface

Hence my question about if media portal has a web interface already?

Thanks for any help you can provide!:D

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ... the documentation on this site is TERRIBLE! someone seriously needs to fix it up in a more coherent manner! anyway enough rambling...

If you could provide some feedback on how the documentation could be fixed, that would greatly appreciated. This is a big bit of software that is very detailed in options that is constantly changing, so the doc's is not always up to date. Your comments on how the documentation should look will be considered as it always an ongoing debate as to how it looks.

Please place your comments here......Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback - MediaPortal Forum

Once again, all comments on the doc's are always welcome and contributors apprectiated.

Cheers

Charli181

Dingle

Portal Member
    April 27, 2008
    If you could provide some feedback on how the documentation could be fixed, that would greatly appreciated. This is a big bit of software that is very detailed in options that is constantly changing, so the doc's is not always up to date. Your comments on how the documentation should look will be considered as it always an ongoing debate as to how it looks.
    Charli181

I dont wanna really start a big thread or argument or anything....but just think in terms of 'im a person looking to try and find how to do/fix ..bla' ....its been really difficult to find the info ive been looking for everytime....that is, i couldnt find out if media portal has its own web server or not (there are lot of references to this old version which is no longer updated and wont work with RC1)...also, i couldnt find the cmdproperty codes for mucking around with remote keymappings....also, alot of the doco pages are 'yet to be completed/filled' (aka. the plugins sections need major overhaul)....thats all, otherwise its pretty good for being free :) but just a wee bit frustrating ;)

btw, ive fixed the problem...didnt need the password (Login: sa Pass: MediaPortal didnt work) i just downloaded SQL Server Management Studio Express and logged in locally and made a new login....i still dont know what the pass to the sa Login is though :confused:

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Does Media portal RC1 have its own web interface for the tv guide? If so how do i access it? the documentation on this site is TERRIBLE! someone seriously needs to fix it up in a more coherent manner! anyway enough rambling... when i first installed media portal i didnt realise the importance of the MSSQL server password....i thought it was some mindless login stuff...anyway how do i find out what my password is now that its all installed and running with the auto password login saved? i need to know this cos im trying to install and use MediaPortal Web Server and Interface from ...MediaPortal Web Interface

Hence my question about if media portal has a web interface already?

Thanks for any help you can provide!:D

you complain about documentation on your 4th post and you dont even take notice of the password that is given in the installation as an important thing.

also, complaining is easy, giving hints on how to improve take more time right... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom