Mediaportal will not delete Recorded TV items that do not exist (1 Viewer)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Mediaportal is not able to remove items from the Recorded TV list if the underlying .TS and/or .XML files are missing

Steps to reproduce

1. Record a TV or radio show
2. Delete the corresponding .TS & .XML files from the recordings folder
3. Go to the Recorded TV list
4. Attempt to delete the recorded item

Although this is not a "normal" situation it seems wrong that Mediaportal will not remove the entry from the Recorded TV list simply because the .TS and/or .XML file is missing. After all, Mediaportal was only going to delete these files anyway!

For me this situation arises because I have some scripts that convert the .TS files of recorded radio shows into .MP3. To save on disk space I remove the .TS & .XML files after the conversion is complete.

Logs attached. This bug has appeared somewhere between 1.0 RC2 and SVN 20268.

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Celeron M 360 (1.4GHz/400MHz/1Mb L2)
HDD: Seagate 300Gb 7200RPM SATA 150
Memory: 512MB PC4200
Motherboard: MSI Speedster-FA4 (MS-9625)
Video Card: Intel GMA 915
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Intel ICH6 HD Audio / Realtek ALC880
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Nebula DigiTV PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 2400i Dual Tuner
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Aria
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV: Samsung 26in LCD LW26A33W
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I just tried this out and for me it's deleting the item from db even if I've moved the .ts & .xml to another location.

//johnzered

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I've had another look... I think the problem might be that I've removed the folders which are created because these are recurring recordings.

I think that the error handling logic could be refined but I'm not sure now if this really counts as a bug or not... Perhaps a dev could comment?

Mark

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think the problem might be that I've removed the folders which are created because these are recurring recordings.

Would be interesting to know if any further same named schedules existed, and if deleting them, would allow you to delete the database entry you previously tried.

Also if above failed, if you go into TVServer config\Recordings\database import, there is a setting to remove non existant files, does that work for you.

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Would be interesting to know if any further same named schedules existed, and if deleting them, would allow you to delete the database entry you previously tried.

I'm not quite clear what you mean here. When you say same named schedules do you mean .TS/.XML file pairs or scheduled recordings in the database.

Also if above failed, if you go into TVServer config\Recordings\database import, there is a setting to remove non existant files, does that work for you.

Yes, I'm able to remove the files using TvSetup as you describe although that's not ideal as the PC is inaccessible. What I've actually been doing as a workaround is deleting the rows from the Recording table using SQL Management Studio.

I suppose armed with this knowledge I should really update my scripts to include code that will remove the entries from the database as well as the files on disk. Hell... in an ideal world I'd actually get round to learning C# and have a crack at writing a proper radio .TS to MP3 plugin. I suspect though that in that ideal world I'd be too busy driving my Ferarri to the dock to meet my yatch! :D

Cheers
    Mark
    (Sadly sans yatch, Ferarri or C# development skills)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If any scheduled recording existed for the titles you where trying to delete.

I suppose armed with this knowledge I should really update my scripts to include code that will remove the entries from the database as well as the files on disk. Hell... in an ideal world I'd actually get round to learning C# and have a crack at writing a proper radio .TS to MP3 plugin. I suspect though that in that ideal world I'd be too busy driving my Ferarri to the dock to meet my yatch!

LOL, we all got those problems :)

But about the problem, if you can provide all the details regarding the files not being deleted and how they are scheduled, may be able to fix this, as really the code used by MP to delete those entries should be the same from wherever you have accessed it, ie TVServer config or MP\TV\recordings.

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    if you can provide all the details regarding the files not being deleted and how they are scheduled, may be able to fix this, as really the code used by MP to delete those entries should be the same from wherever you have accessed it, ie TVServer config or MP\TV\recordings.

OK so I have the following:

MP is configured to record a number of different radio shows on different channels using "every time on this channel" recurrance. Because these are recurring recordings they sit in subfolders of the recordings folder rather than in the root.
    For example, I get something like this:
    .\Recordings\John Digweed - KISS\John Digweed - - 2008-09-23 - 00_30.ts
    .\Recordings\John Digweed - KISS\John Digweed - - 2008-09-23 - 00_30.xml

At 10am every day my script kicks off and moves all of the .TS files into a working folder. It also removes the associated .XML files and any then any empty subfolders in the recordings folder.

I've done some testing and the issue is definately caused by the missing subfolder rather than the missing files.
    If I manually delete the .TS & .XML files but leave the folder in place I'm able to remove the recording from the list using the MP GUI. When I do this, MP removes the the empty folder.

If I also manually remove the folder MP throws an error and leaves the entry in the list.

Let me know if you need me to do any further testing.

Mark

caribou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2008
    Nantes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi everybody,

seems a long time ago....

I'm using 1.0.2. I agree with markius that this would be glad to be able to move files (or directories) from recorded TV to another directory
    and that no more existing directories or files would be automatically deleted entries from database....
    ?
    Is it planned ? has someone suggested this idea ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom