mediaportal with mce (1 Viewer)

baller40

December 25, 2005
I am a newb here, so i apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but i haven't been able to find anything about this by searching. Is it possible to use MCE's integrated program guide for media portal? It seems to me that MCE's guide is so simple, and if we are running MP on MCE, it would be a very valuable integration to use MCE's guide in MP. Any comments are appreciated.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi baller40,

it's not as easy as it seems.
    TVguide of MCE has another format and I'm not quit sure if someone got it work easily or automatically?

So, xmltv or another source for getting your epg data would be much easier, as far as I know.

For what country do you need your EPG-data?

Regards
    Ralph

baller40

December 25, 2005
    thanks for the reply. I need a guide for US. I have tried with xmltv but so far failed. I will take another stab at it though... i'm sure i'll figure it out. I was just setting up MCE the other day, and I thought the guide for MP would be just as easy. Hopefully one day it will be. maybe it was just wishful thinking that the two could work together. I'm sure M$ would love that!!!

Toley

Portal Member
    April 10, 2005
    I don't think it is legal to use MCE's TV-guide. I don't think they encrypt it for nothing. Still it would be great if somebody could decrypt the MCE guide file...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom