MediaPortal2 Keyboard Shortcuts (1 Viewer)

dj.nz

October 16, 2015
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello all,

I have just installed MediaPortal2 but I can't find a list of keyboard shortcuts. So far all I can work out is the arrow keys for basic navigation, enter for select and space for play/pause. However I can't for the life of me workout how to control the volume. The keys for MP1 are "+" and "-" for volume up/down and "M" for mute however these keys have no effect in MP2. Also, the "P" key does not start playback.

I am planning on using MP2 for playing both audio and videos from my local collection. So far my experience hasn't been great and I might consider Kodi if I can't at least find out what the basic keyboard shortcuts are.

Thanks

dj.nz

October 16, 2015
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
but I can't find a list of keyboard shortcuts
For default shortcuts please look here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/9_Reference/Keyboard_shortcuts
Thanks but that doesn't show keyboard shortcuts for playback or volume. The only mapped keys appear to be for plugins.

There is an alpha version of an input manager plugin. I think @FreakyJ will finalize it and you will be able to map the keys as you wish:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plugin-inputdevice-manager-for-mp2.132254/
I think there is a list on wiki, but was not so easy to find. I'll check it later, now on the way to office.
Thanks also but it looks like this only works with external HID devices - not a built in keyboard.

For now if somebody could tell me which keys control volume +/- and mute in MP2 that would be enough. I would be very surprised if this product has been released without any keyboard volume controls. Thanks.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think (nearly?) every current keyboard has special "multi media keys" included, which usually includes play/pause... and also volume up/down. They should work. Do they?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No they don't as I mapped them to my imon remote.
    Have to retry with a keyboard. But the imon remote works with wmp.

The plugin works also with keyboards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom