MediaSlayer: simple skin change request (1 Viewer)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
ok, I don't kow how to do it, but I think it would be easy to do if it is possible.

In the media slayer skin, the text area (control 25 i think) where the song titles get displayed or the movie synopsis gets displayed while ripping a disk, could that be changed to scrolling text? it currently only shows 12 or so song titles or if the movie synopsis is long, it get cut off and you can't read it all. if it scrolled vertically, I think it would be much better and we could see all the info and\or all the tracks.

I tried using the skin editor to change it, but no luck. I was going to make the change, and then post in in the mods section, but I dont do much skinning at all. and currently, that is over my head.

thanks
let me know if it is possible.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How does this work for you? It's not scrolling text but you can page through it.

The MediaSlayer plugin unfortunately has a few limitations when it comes to skinning so scrolling textbox is not possible unless supported by the plugin.

It would be better if the the plugin just pushed the data as properties to the skin so the skinner has flexibility to use a textboxscrollup.

Attachments

• MediaSlayer.jpg
      MediaSlayer.jpg
      196.6 KB

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks. that works, but not ideal. I will put a link in the media slayer forum thread about this and maybe it can be changed in a future version so skinners have that flexibility.

thanks again. it is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom