Meedio user who would like to convert over.... (1 Viewer)

debennett2

Portal Member
June 7, 2006
Ohio
I keep visiting the Media Portal threads from time to time waiting to hear the answers I need to hear to be able to make the switch from Meedio to Media Portal. I hope this time pans out:

I have read little tidbits referring to something big coming up for those who are Meedio users....something about the announcement will be given when this version is complete. Any possible way this could be shared slightly early (we are on RC2 anyhow)?

1) Can I have separate video libraries? (i.e. a place to go for movies, a place to go for misc clips, a place to go for home movies, a place to go for SNL clips, etc)

2) Can I arrange my own menu heirarchy? (i.e. can I have a main section called "Watch" with sub menus like "TV", "Comedy", "Movies", "trailers"....and then beyond those maybe have sub menus within some of them)

3) Is there a way to schedule certain things to update? (i.e. can I have a misc tv section that monitors or schedules an import of new video clips

4) Can I import on the fly from within the interface?

5) Is there a Youtube Module? Coming?

6) Is there a streaming music video module (i.e. like Meedio has leveraging Yahoo Music)?

7) Can MP scan Dish Network channels yet (US)?

8) Is there an XM Radio module? Coming?

These are my main requirements in order to make the move comfortable for everyone in my household....including myself I guess. Anyone have some insight on any of this?

Thanks so much!!!

BillyGates

Portal Pro
October 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You can do #1 and #2 by just creating a Video folder structure... and moving the underlying videos in whatever way you want...

Don't know about your other questions... maybe the question should be... why are you considering moving off Meedio?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    #3 - Not really, but there is a USENET plugin. I think there is a way to keep music files updated.
    #4 - Import what?
    #5 - Yes, Online Videos plugin
    #6 - Depends if you are using TVE3 or not
    #7 - I believe the answer is yes. I believe through the Zap2It replacement DirectSchedule (small service charge for the schedules).
    #8 - There has been but not sure if it is currently working.

debennett2

Portal Member
    June 7, 2006
    Ohio
    You can do #1 and #2 by just creating a Video folder structure... and moving the underlying videos in whatever way you want...

Are you saying I literally have to move all videos WITHIN Windows in order to organize them the way I want?

Don't know about your other questions... maybe the question should be... why are you considering moving off Meedio?

Quite simply....It's got a pretty interface as well as dvb-s (I hope).

#4 - Import what?

import videos and whatnot while still in the MP interface. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to grab a keyboard every time I want to update something....which would be a show stopper.

#6 - Depends if you are using TVE3 or not

I'm confused. TVe3 streams online music videos?

#7 - I believe the answer is yes. I believe through the Zap2It replacement DirectSchedule (small service charge for the schedules).

I'm not sure you understand or not. What I mean as far as scnning goes is scanning in the actual satellite channels (like each transponder's channels). Know what I mean?

Thanks for the replies. I am starting to wonder if Sage is mature enough as of yet to do what I want. It doesnt seem very customizable as far as the menu system goes does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom