MeediOS demo video (1 Viewer)

zag2me

Portal Pro
April 11, 2006
Home Country
England England
As some of you know there was some discussion about MeediOS and Media portal merging at a point in the past.

It never happened but the 2 projects still share a lot in common and recently MeediOS has made some great progress so I thought I would make a video to show it off.

Here is a youtube clip of it so far, sorry for the stuttering video I think its something to do with camtasia, in reality the menus and transitions is smoothly animated thanks to the WPF engine.

YouTube - MeediOS preview alpha

MeediOS is open source so many parts of the project could potentially be used in media portal with the right implementations.

Its at a similar development stage to MediaPortal 2 in that its not usable yet, just a tech preview/alpha.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The animations and transitions are really smooth with resonable CPU overhead(really needs a core duo though).

Huh, I wouldnt call it reasonable. Maybe you should check how low CPU usage current MPII skinning engine has :)

Some of the developers are looking at a dvd player solution at the moment.

Current WPF version of MediaElement doesnt allow DVD to be used -> not possible to mix/blend GUI elements with the video. This hopefully changes in the future.

MeediOS is open source so many parts of the project could potentially be used in media portal with the right implementations.

If HdWagner (I would assume he's mainly the man behind the skinning engine) hasnt found any sollutions to the issues/limitations MS WPF currently has then there is no need for MP team to evaluate the current MeediOS skinning engine.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi zag,

Nice video. A core2duo does seem a bit much. Also, as tourette mentioned, M$ told Frodo that DVD with WPF would be impossible :(.

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Hi zag,

Nice video. A core2duo does seem a bit much. Also, as tourette mentioned, M$ told Frodo that DVD with WPF would be impossible :(.
    Core2duo is already needed for a decent htpc that can play 1080p avc, record a few shows and background encoding. DVD should be possible a number of ways - hwnd+vlc.dll, custom presenter, fullscreen mpc:he, etc (ok we might miss a few goodies like 3d rotation and reflections). As to WPF being only fractionally-opensource, well, so is Windows :(

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

cheetah05

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Of cource you can, but in that case MPII would be even a step backwards compared to MP1. Now we dont want that to happen do we? :)

Howso...? I'm assuming you mean its because you can't use your own codecs (or can you with vlc - i don't know)....

...by the way, I am only discussing this on the premise that you haven't already found a solution.....if you have....excellent....if not (question above ;))

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    As some of you know there was some discussion about MeediOS and Media portal merging at a point in the past.

It never happened but the 2 projects still share a lot in common and recently MeediOS has made some great progress so I thought I would make a video to show it off.

Here is a youtube clip of it so far, sorry for the stuttering video I think its something to do with camtasia, in reality the menus and transitions is smoothly animated thanks to the WPF engine.

YouTube - MeediOS preview alpha

Its at a similar development stage to MediaPortal 2 in that its not usable yet, just a tech preview/alpha.

Can you please post the link to download the alpha??
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom