Mega Crash (1 Viewer)

anflyg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Media Portal totaly crashed for me when changing to TV. I it related to the TVService or database.

I have reinstalled Mediaportal several times and made total clean ups. I have tried both MySQL and Microsoft SQL. i does not matter. I have tried both 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 but the error remains. I would prefer to not re-install Vista.

I get the following popup (see picture).
    Fellogg.jpg - Windows Live

Any ideas? Enough information?

Regards
    Anders
    :D

anflyg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Config

Yes, this happens when TV-server config wants to run also. First is there a question if a want to start TV-service or not. I say Yes to that, and then the popup appears, but the config never starts.

I have been running Media Portal for about one year on this computer earlier.

anflyg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, if I am not misstaken I was watching TV and then decided to change window to the "planned recordings", but the Media Portal got "hanged" (stopped working) but did not crash. I used version 1.0.2 at the time. This was upgraded from version 1.0.0.

Ever after that it was not possible to start Media Portal with TV or to use "TV-server configuration". From the error log it seams to be some kind of connection error to the SQL-server. I have checked that the ports are open in the firewall. And I have also tried using fresh installs of both MySQL and Microsoft SQL.

Can there be something strange left in the registry, since a clean un-install will not help?

anflyg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks thanks thanks Paranoid Delusion and infinityloop!!!
    :D

The editing of the host file did the trick! I do not understand how that may have changed?!?! But anyhow, problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom