Memory Leak Tvservice (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Using the UK dvb-t radio causes the TVSERVICE to leak memory.

Over night test and the memory usage was over 1.5GB .

No error logs produced, w2k,xp and vista tested.

Logs supplied from w2k pc with Nebula USB and pci DVB-t devices.

SVN checked from 14824, 14915 and 14932

TritonT

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can I confirm that apart from the memory leak you have functional dvb-t radio with the TV Server, and is this singleseat or multiseat? Reason I'm asking is that dvb-t and dvb-s radio is not working at all for me in multiseat (Multiseat dvb-t/dvb-s radio not working).

I had a look at your logs and can find no reference to either Radio or the TV Server in them, can't see the tune to the dvb-t radio station, is this right?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Single seat local client has no problem with starting and listening to radio.a apart from the memory leak.

I also noted that no logs are produced weird eh

The stream skipping control is a little slow.

Network client multiseat is a lot more problematic espeacialy with xp and vista, works fine with w2k though.

Network clients will not start the correct channel with the radio and tend to try and start the 'text' channels that are wrongly present in the radio listing with Uk dvb-t.

Winno

Portal Member
    June 22, 2007
    Perth
    Home Country
    I have seen a memory leak in the latest TVService SVNs (14824, 14915 and 14932
    ) but mine is nothing to do with dvb-t radio as I don't use it.

I have a multi-seat setup with a dedicated TV server. The TVService at startup takes about 30Mb of memory, after 8 hours this has grown to 300Mb of memory

The TV server is Windows 2003 SP2 with Hauppauge NOVA T-500 dual DVB-t and NOVA-S DVB-S cards.

Four clients are all XP SP2 and latest SVN

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Still seeing this memory leak and not just connected to the dvb-t radio (although the leak is quicker with dvb-t radio on).

Set up the task manager to show VM and peak memory.

Mmemory usage exceeds 1.5GB at times (for long periods)0 causing sytem slowdown when available memory is less (i've got 1, 2 and 4 GB sytems to test) or busy.

Threads stay average so no increase here.

On some occassions memory usage will drop back to normal when no streams active but will increase rapidly agin when streams are active again.

MP cilent memory usage stays constant/average throughout.

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    Similar here,

0.2.3.0RC1

DVB-C (Floppydtv)

Once in the while I observe heavy harddisk use. Seems to be swap file use, because when I look at taskmanager tvservice.ex uses up to 800MB (I have a total of 1GB installed)

During this periods the system is almost non responsive and it takes 30sec to several minutes even to close MP.
    The system is almost hanging. CPU usage is low..

Stopping rstarting the TVservice helps... But this seems to be a general problem..

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I have been running the latest SVN 15006/08 all day on a single seat set up local client.

Whith average use of timeshifting and recordings, memory usage of the TV service has peaked so far and stayed at near to 1GB, this makes the system sluggish.

SVN prior to 14824 didn't show this memory hog/leak and stayed around 100-1300K

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    Does nobody here really watches TV longer than just a couple of hours?

Can someone of the devs confirm this issue? Meanwhile I will give a earlier SVN a chance..

Thanks for the hint so far.

TritonT

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ SciDoctor

Thanks for the info on your experiences with dvb-t radio, singleseat and multiseat. I was hoping that your problem was related and one of the devs would have a look at My Radio as a whole, but that’s not the case.

I have tried for 2 nights to recreate the memory leak on my 2 multiseat setups (one’s a Win 2003 Server and the other is XP Pro SP2). Neither server increased memory use. I tried the following combinations:

1 x dvb-t radio
    1 x dvb-t radio + 1 x dvb-t tv
    1 x dvb-t radio + 2 x dvb-t tv + 1 x dvb-s tv

My normal footprint for TvService.exe is 50Mb-80Mb.

Looks like this might be difficult to pin down.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Have you checked peak memory and VM for the service during this period of testing.

Also do you have any plugins enabled, I only have powerschedular enabled (which is more trouble than it is worth)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom