Menu Layout don't work? (1 Viewer)

lujo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
I'm using MP 1.1.0.0 ALPHA, X-Factor skin with Windows 7

Everything seems to be ok, but when I go to MOVIES and select movies, youtube, movie trailers or something else nothing is happening.
But when I try Photo Menu I get screen to select photo's. That seems to work.

But if I press ESC and go to another screen It seems to work. another screen --> My Videos only then I get Map to select Films.

"another screen" = My Videos, My Music, My Pictures, My Weather

How can I solve this?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Did you install that particular 3rd party plugins? For example Moving Pictures for movies?

If not, you have 2 options:
    1. Install and configure the applicable plugin
    2. Use the menu editor to change the destination f MOVIES to the normal MyVideo screen.

lujo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    2. Use the menu editor to change the destination f MOVIES to the normal MyVideo screen.

I want to use option 2 but I don't know how to use menu editor and where to find it?

I have already try MediaPortal Configuration --> Plugins --> XFactor but I don't know what I must change there?

Why is also that YouTube, Movie Trailers .. don't work?

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Why is also that YouTube, Movie Trailers .. don't work?

Those are plugins you need to add the plugins for them to work, just search in the plugins section here on the forums you will find them.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    I see what the problem your having is, when you click Movies it goes nowhere because Movies it connected to Movingpictures plugin not MyMovies. There really should by defult be both but there isnt. If you dont want to mess with the menu editor use this basichome.xml. Its the defult one that comes with X-Factor but Movies is mapped to MyMovies not Movingpictures, but I strongly suggest you have a look at the movingpictures plugin, it is great.

Just replace your current Basichome.xml or better yet rename it and save it, then put this one with it.

Attachments

• Basichome.xml
      30.6 KB

lujo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    I have try it. It was ok 1 time and when I start MediaPortal again I get the same problem.

Can you maybe explain how can I change Basic Home menu with XFactor Configuration Screen. I don't understand what I have to change

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    Ok in the menu editor there Highlight the Movies like you have above and hit remove on the right next to that box.

then in the center column with all the .xml's listed select "myvideo" then at the bottom name:Movies, image path:movies,add to module 3, then hit the little arrow on the right of that box and it will add that to the movies category of the menu.

Then Generate New BasicHome, and save

Or you can leave the current Movies in there and name this Videos instead if you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom