Merging channels (1 Viewer)

bluedragon

Portal Member
February 25, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think this may be an issue with MP but I'm not sure...

I have a Hauppauge 150 which is connected to my STB via composite
I have a Hauppauge 1600 which is connected to an antenna (for ATSC) and to "basic" cable

Everything is working correctly, however all of my basic cable channels are duplicates and don't recieve guide info.

Ideally I would like to only have 1 listing per channel with the priority going for basic cable ( the cards are currently set up this way).

I've read through the forum, tried the combine button, and tried renaming the basic channels to the same name as the STB channels (which gave me guide info but also used the STB to change channels and still left me with two entries per chennel).

I thought that this would be a MP function however I found nothing in the Wiki.
I'm probally rambling as I've been beating my head against this problem all day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bluedragon

Portal Member
February 25, 2007
Home Country
I uninstalled both my tuner cards and reinstalled them starting with the cards that would be recieving internal signal. The hauppauge 1600 is perfect, both atsc and basic channels show up correctly in the guide. However the hauppauge 150 only has the extended channels and not the basic channels (which the 1600 recieves) even though all those channels are through the STB.

So I guess my only questions is how to set a channel with different sources to diferent cards, while still keeping only 1 guide entry?

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
So I guess my only questions is how to set a channel with different sources to diferent cards, while still keeping only 1 guide entry?

Hi,

I think I am a little confused what you are asking, but I will give it a shot :)

AFAIK, if you have the same channel (example NBC) via two different "sources" (example OTA ATSC and Analog cable) you will have to have two "channels".

The reason is the way MP is set up.
A "channel" in the database is, for example either ATSC or Analog or etc.
An EPG program can only be assigned to a single channel. Thus the same
program on two "channels" mean two EPG program entries in the database.

HTH,
patrick

bluedragon

Portal Member
February 25, 2007
Home Country
Thanks,

Yup that's what I was trying to explain.

That was my Sunday project, but I'm guess I'm stuck with BeyondTV for a bit longer.

Thanks again for the reply though, its good to know that I won't need to put anymore time into something that can't be accomplished (at least in the way I want).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom