Microsoft MCE Keyboard, layered volume buttons (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
A very nice feature of this keyboard is that you can program your TV or amplifier's volume buttons while retaining the ability to use the default behaviour by holding Shift when you hit the volume keys.

Stinky

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
Smirnoff, do you know if the additional buttons are going to be supported in MP 2.0? Onmine, most of the buttons at the top don't do anything; My Pictures, My Music, etc.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
The majoriy of the shortcut buttons should work out of the box, however I did have to add support for My Radio and My TV (Live TV works okay) and possibly one other button that I can't remember right now.

The changes should be present in the recent CVS builds for the past two weeks or so and will also be in 0.2 when it is released.

If the problem persists create a support thread and we'll see whats going wrong for you.

Cheers,
Smirnuff.

Stinky

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
Thanks for the info. You're right, out of the box, *most* buttons work. I've been avoiding CVS builds (WAF) so I'll wait for 0.2 final.

Stinky

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
:(

No luck. It crashed at the splash screen. Had the foresight to back up the original so everything's working again. That's OK, I can wait for 0.2.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr6686 [solved] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 downgrade at installation of MediaPortal Installation, configuration support 2
K [Verkauf] Microsoft Fernbedienung mit Empfänger Marktplatz 0
S Display driver failed to start, using microsoft basic display driver instead General Support 23
F MCE Remote has no focus General 6
Volker [Suche] RC6 MCE IR-Empfänger Marktplatz 2
brena MCE Remote Disable Volume Mapping Input / Output interfaces 0
T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
B iPhone app for MCE remote General Support 2
T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
F Somethings changed - mce remote General Support 9
N [Finished] [MP2-789] MCE remote control Recorded TV and My Pictures buttons do not work MediaPortal 2 17
H MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working 1.21 74
V Some Issues with MP2 (ex MCE User) General 1
azzuro MCE remote and Azerty keyboard other Input / Output interfaces 2
Spaldo Bose universal remote with MP Input/Output Interfaces 2
E Getting ortek mce remote to work better MediaPortal 1 Talk 13
P The elusive "MCE Replacement Driver" for Vista / Win7 IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
U [DVD] DVD Menu Navigation for HID keyboard Improvement Suggestions 0
N Onscreen keyboard to still accept input from real keyboard Feature Requests 6
A cursor.wav or click.wav set in keyboard and keys cause recordings to be set in upcoming episodes 1.20 2
S MP unresponsive to keyboard input General Support 1
Top Bottom