Microsoft MCE Remote control jumps each item (1 Viewer)

Satbakker

Portal Member
February 24, 2011
Malaga
Home Country
Spain Spain
MediaPortal Version: Media Portal 1.1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bits
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ 2.01 GHz
HDD: WD250 SATA
Memory: 1,00 GB
Motherboard: Asus A8NE
Video Card: Asus Ati HD 5450 Silent
Video Card Driver: 8.690.0.0
Sound Card: On Board Realtek AC´97 Audio
Sound Card AC3: ATI High Defenition Audio Device
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.6305
1. TV Card: Not Yet
1. TV Card Type: Not Yet
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow video decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow audio decoder
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA video decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Not Yet
HTPC Case: Origen X15E
Cooling: Zalman
Power Supply: 480 W
Remote: Microsoft Media Center Remote control. Model 1039
TV: Panasonic 42" Full HD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi All,

I´m for days and nights searching on a solution for my remote problems on my htpc Origen X15E and media portal. On windows media center it all worked well during my try out, but media center is no option and I even unistalled it to avoid any conflict on media portal.

I´m using the latest vesion of irTrans and really tried everything and i am totaly last on this. The problem is that in media portal the comands are skipping each push one item. So I never can use all my options. For example if the line is:

My TV (Works)
My Music (skip)
My Video (Works)
My Plugins (skip)

and so on....

In all folders, if I am in My Music and I´ve selected one CD it skips one song on another so I never can come to all my songs in that CD trough my remote control.

I have everything really perfectly setup in media portal configuration, it´s even so that the Detected IR Commands tool in the program IRTrans detects everything as it should, only on the right click button, then it goes 4 times up in stead of one time to the right. The rest of the buttons seems okay.

I read the wiki, looked all over internet and found very little issues on this and the ones I found didn´t give me any solution. Please help on this because I don´t know where to look anymore...... desperate....

Whithout the remote control for me its

Okay!!!!!

Small update..... The remote os working perfect now sinds I unistalled the Galaxy Touch software for the touch tft of my case screen. Seems that this software messes everything up with the remote control.

Now I need to figur out why, because I also want my touch screen working on the Origen X15E case.

Maybe some one have any idea why this could be? USB conflict?

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Did you edit the IRTrans app.cfg file as is instructed here under "Help!! My remote commands get executed twice!".
That usually works for me, although I don't have the Galaxy Touch software.

If not it might be worth a try to follow those instructions.

If it doesn't work the Galaxy Touch software might have something similar that needs editing.

Satbakker

Portal Member
February 24, 2011
Malaga
Home Country
Spain Spain
Yeah, I followed the wiki instructions and looked in the file but everything looked the same so I don´t needed to edit that. It´s really amazing how nice it is with a perfect working remote control after so many try outs and found outs...

No found out why this makes a conflict, love to see my touch screen also working

hunter33

Portal Member
March 21, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm not sure why you're using IRTrans, since MediaPortal natively supports the Microsoft remote. Anyways, at least two programs are sending signals to MediaPortal, you'll have to disable one of them. You'll need one of the following to be on, disable the rest:

Mediaportal MCE: using configuration, under remotes, disable the MCE remote
Mediaportal IRtrans: using configuration, under remotes, disable IRtrans
Microsoft Windows: it was detecting my remote as keyboard keys, so I used IRSS and its server configuration to to disable automatic buttons.
IRSS: use server configuration to stop the service from running

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom