microsoft MCE remote not working. (1 Viewer)

Ben

Portal Member
April 3, 2006
It used to work, but as I don't use it very often, I have no idea when it stopped working.
(I do have it enabled in the configuration though).

So before I blame Mediaportal, I would like to know if my system recognzes the remote at all.
Does anyone know in device manager where and what I should be looking for to see it the system recognized it.
The PC beeps when the USB cable is plugged in/out. The red light comes on the IR when the remote is used.

Does anyone know of a utility that will allow me to test the remote without mediaportal?

Thanks

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Usually it appears as a "eHome" device or something in device manager. Have you checked under the MediaPortal Configuration utility that the MCE remote is enabled? Its listed on the remote section.

Ben

Portal Member
    April 3, 2006
    its enabled

IT was the first thing I checked, it is enabled in the configuration

Tnx

I found the following entry under Universal Serial Controllers

MCE Infrared Remote Control

device is working properly.

So the remote is visible. It does not work in Mediaportal. Anyone know of some application I could test it with?

Tnx

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote. I find when mine get low, it still lights up but doesn't send any commands.

If not you could try and see if Event Ghost picks up your commands.

Ben

Portal Member
    April 3, 2006
    fixed

I went to device manager , did an update driver, and now it's an eHome tranceiver. And it works again

jarroz

Portal Member
    November 13, 2008
    Eindhoven
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Batteries

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote. I find when mine get low, it still lights up but doesn't send any commands.

If not you could try and see if Event Ghost picks up your commands.

The last i would think is to chnge the batteries, since the red light was blinking when using the remote it looks like it is working.

I also have a MCE Keyboard which is function perfectly but the MCE Remote didn't.

So i changed the batteries and now it is working again.

Big Thanks :D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom