Microsoft Media Center Services (1 Viewer)

Ralf0815

Portal Member
January 19, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo,

since I installed Version 1.1.0 I can't use my attached mediaplayers anymore.

I checked my settings in the MediaPortal TV Server Config and I noticed, that I can't switch on Microsoft Media Center Services. I guess, that this is the reason, why my mediaplayers can't reach my server, on which MediaPortal is installed.

In more details :
TV Server config
Additional 3rdparty checks
Microsoft Media Center Services
ENABLE POLICY TO PREVENT SERVICES STARTUP if I klick on that button, following happens :

services disabled by policy
REANABLE SERVICES if I click on that buton, following happens :

services stopped

Does anybody know, how I can get Microsoft Media Center Services being started again.

Thank you all for your help

Ralf

Ralf0815

Portal Member
January 19, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks alot for your help,

I'm using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and I try to attach a log file soon

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah had tried changing it to Automatic but just got errors when trying to even start it manually. Used "remove windows features" to remove Media Centre and put it back on again and all fine now. :)

P

puulima

I did a complete uninstall and removed all features and registry entries etc. Rebooted - but Windows Media Center won't start - I get the error window noting it's been disabled:

"Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy. for more information, contact your system administrator"

I don't see anything actually "disabled" in services - so not sure how to resolve this? Please advise.

P

puulima

Tried out what's instructed in the blog - but both of the settings are already set to "Not configured" - so that doesn't seem to be the issue. Maybe Windows 7 has some other/different way of handling this? I tried re-installing and un-installing again. that didn't help either.

Anybody know of any other settings that need to be manually corrected after an install?

P

puulima

Update: even though the Group Olicy settings said it was "not configured" to stop WMC from starting, I decided to try setting it to disabled (the other suggestion in the blog) and now WMC starts. Seems odd to me - but it's working now. Hope this posting helps others...

Tony - thanks for the link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom