Migrated from Sagetv to MP 1.2RC - a few questions (1 Viewer)

tsitalon1

Portal Member
August 23, 2011
Hey guys,

I figured I would give MP 1.2RC a try, so I imaged my server/frontend and installed the RC...

I have a few questions.

1. In sagetv, I could record series (called favorites in sagetv) by new episodes only. I do not see this option in MP. I only see either episode numbers or all episodes under advanced recording options. Am i missing how to do this or is not part of MP's functionality as of yet?

2. I tried following the Netflix plugin instructions, but it does not work for me at all. I placed the myNetflix.dll in the proper MP\plugins\window dorectory and the option does show up under MP configuration, but I get an error reffering to a missing wrapper or something...(can get exact wording if required). I think I am missing something, as I do not believe one dll file consitutes a valid plugin. Can someone refer me to instructions for this WITHOUT an existing netflix plugin already installed? I am also using Amped 3.3.

Thanks for the help, so far the migration has been fairly smooth.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi tsitalon1

1. In sagetv, I could record series (called favorites in sagetv) by new episodes only. I do not see this option in MP. I only see either episode numbers or all episodes under advanced recording options. Am i missing how to do this or is not part of MP's functionality as of yet?
    You should be able to configure all episodes and then use the "duplicate episode" setting as shown/described -->here<-- to prevent then recordings of old episodes. Note that for this to work you need:
    1. To use MP 1.2.0b or 1.2.0rc - there was a bug in this functionality in previous versions.
    2. Obviously your EPG data must contain episode numbers or titles.
    3. The recording database needs to:
    - contain the episode information for your previous recordings
    - the recording files must exist in the locations specified in the database

If all of those conditions are met then it should work.

2. I tried following the Netflix plugin instructions, but it does not work for me at all. I placed the myNetflix.dll in the proper MP\plugins\window dorectory and the option does show up under MP configuration, but I get an error reffering to a missing wrapper or something...(can get exact wording if required). I think I am missing something, as I do not believe one dll file consitutes a valid plugin. Can someone refer me to instructions for this WITHOUT an existing netflix plugin already installed? I am also using Amped 3.3.
    I'm no Netflix user but from the installation instructions -->here<-- (for MP 1.2.0b) it looks like you have to install the "base" version of the MyNetflix plugin first, then copy the DLL for 1.2.0b over the top. The main installer is -->here<-- (installation instructions -->here<--). If you're gunning to use MP 1.2.0rc then I think you'll have to wait for an updated DLL/installer from WileE though...

mm

tsitalon1

Portal Member
    August 23, 2011
    mm1352000,

Thank you for your guidance.

One more question semi related to item one above. I have tons of recordings from my previous Sagetv system. In order to prevent duplicate episodes being recorded by MP, how do I input the previous Sagetv recordings into the MP recordings database?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Use the database import functionality in TV Server configuration as described -->here<--. If you set up the pattern that you used for naming your Sage recordings on the "custom paths and filenames" tab first then the import process should pick up all available details... I hope. Let me know if it doesn't work.

mm

tsitalon1

Portal Member
    August 23, 2011
    I tried the import function before, but it hasn't found a thing. I have thousands of files and I have specified my previous recording directory...

I'll try again, you say it's highly dependant on my naming convention?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, so the screen doesn't even list the Sage recordings when you set the appropriate folder?
    What file format/extension did you use for the Sage recordings?

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Almost all mpg.
    Ahhh, I'm guessing that would be the problem. TV Server deals in TS (transport stream) files. Just to confirm that is the problem, try renaming the extension of a handful of files and see if they are now listed in the import list.

mm

tsitalon1

Portal Member
    August 23, 2011
    Well, I renamed one existing .mpg to .ts. I also played with naming convention to no avail.

It will not see my previous shows, could this be a bug with the RC. Can you verify it works by dropping an unknown show into your recording directory?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't verify as I'm at work with no remote access. :sorry:
    It is unlikely to be a bug, but I can certainly check as soon as I get home.

Dumb question: you have specified your recording folder(s) and selected an appropriate folder at the top of the database import tab haven't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom