Mini OSD? (1 Viewer)

timofcourse

Portal Pro
March 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I could have sworn myTV displayed a little pane on the lower portion of the screen which contained the synopsis of the show you were watching when you changed channels.

Am I thinking of something else, or does this actually exist??

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    Doesnt it anymore? it's the Zaposd, depending on which skin You*re using it usually displays title only rather than the whole plot though.

timofcourse

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Yea... it only displays the title. I wasnt sure if it was specific to the skin or not.. Im using the ReVision skin. I thought I tried switching back to Blue-wide but dont recall seeing anymore than the title as well there.

Recommend a 16:9 skin which you know shows it so I can test?

Thanks!

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    as far as i know none of the recent ones does. which one do you want to use? its not difficult to change the zaposd to show the plot...

timofcourse

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2007
    Home Country
    its not difficult to change the zaposd to show the plot...
    Really?? Im using the latest (non-svn) version of the ReVision skin. How does one go about doing such a thing?

Thanks!

Brad_Nailer

Portal Member
    December 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Similar OSD Question

I hope I'm not jacking the thread here but I have a similar question about the TV OSD that does not warrant another request.
    Is there a way to disable the autotune feature, so I can flick though the channels but have the OSD timeout if I dont press enter on the remote? I find it frustrating when I go through a bunch of channels and dont find anything and it will tune to a channel that I don't want to watch. I have tried to play with the timeouts in the settings but have yet to find a solution.

I use Bluetwo and FooFawRar.

Thanks!

Brad

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

@Brad-Nailer: Hit OK (remote) or Enter (Keyboard) while watching TV. You will get a list of all shows currently running. You can scroll though it and choose one by clicking OK / Enter again. Or just hit back, if you do not find anything of interest. :)

HTH,
    Flip.

Brad_Nailer

Portal Member
    December 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the reply Flip,
    I have tried the miniOSD you mentioned, however the wife has bad eyes and can't seem to read the text (yes she has glasses but refuses to wear them, while watching TV....). Maybe I have a case for getting a really big TV!

Being more realistic can the miniOSD be modified? Maybe reduce the # of channels shown at a time, and increase the text size?

Thanks

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread