Mini-series listing oddity (1 Viewer)

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
August 4, 2010
In another thread, fforde wrote:
Finally, the IMDb script included in Moving Pictures 1.1.2 and later will properly retrieve made for TV movies, strait to DVD movies as well as miniseries. The lack of retrieval of these items was a temporary bug caused by a html change at imdb.com. It has been corrected in the primary IMDb script and if you are running an up to date version of Moving Pictures, you should not have any problems in this area.

I've imported one miniseries using the latest MovingPictures, Frank Herbert's Dune (2000). This shows up as only a single program, not 3 episodes. Is this by design?
If so, it's not ideal. How do I start watching episode 2 or 3, and skip the earlier ones, for instance?
I would prefer to see it as 3 separate episodes, though I can see the difficulty when some movies should be combined (Cd1, cd2, etc), and some should be kept separate (mini-series).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    In another thread, fforde wrote:
    Finally, the IMDb script included in Moving Pictures 1.1.2 and later will properly retrieve made for TV movies, strait to DVD movies as well as miniseries. The lack of retrieval of these items was a temporary bug caused by a html change at imdb.com. It has been corrected in the primary IMDb script and if you are running an up to date version of Moving Pictures, you should not have any problems in this area.

I've imported one miniseries using the latest MovingPictures, Frank Herbert's Dune (2000). This shows up as only a single program, not 3 episodes. Is this by design?
    If so, it's not ideal. How do I start watching episode 2 or 3, and skip the earlier ones, for instance?
    I would prefer to see it as 3 separate episodes, though I can see the difficulty when some movies should be combined (Cd1, cd2, etc), and some should be kept separate (mini-series).

You need to obtain the IMDb tt-ID for each episode individually.

Dune 2000 S01E01 = tt1262235
    Dune 2000 S01E02 = tt1262236
    Dune 2000 S01E03 = tt1262237

If you add this IMDb tt-ID to your filenames, or create an NFO file containing this number with the same filename as your media, then you can re-import them individually.

But the MP-TVSeries plugin has much better support for TV mini-series like this, so you might want to consider using that one.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    Thanks.

I have them in MP-TV Series, I was trying out Moving Pictures to see if it was better for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom