Minidisplay and a cloned L.I.S MCE problems (1 Viewer)

DaFixer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Some time ago, I have a new HTPC case whitin this case i got a cloned (or rebranded) VLsystem L.I.S MCE.
    It works realy good with M.Play home center. But it won't work whit Mini display :confused:
    I have tryed the L.I.S 2 driver. But it says "Cannot open USB port"

This is the case:
    1000187140-1.jpg

And this is the lcd display:
    11-996-004-10.jpg

I have XP sp3 and MediaPortal 1.0.0.

Can someone help :mad:

eggi

Portal Member
    May 29, 2009
    DaFixer,

I have the VL System M-Play Blast which came with my Zalman HD-135 case.

I got minidisplay to work properly by selecting the appropriate com port the VFD/IR receiver was mapped to. For me it was COM3. You should not be selecting USB. Look in your device manager to see which com port the FTDI driver is mapped to. See if that fixes your issue. Since you are also running mplay home center, you may need to make sure the 'control MHC' box is checked in the options (or whatever its labelled as). Let me know if you can't get it to work and i'll post my minidisplay settings when i have a chance.

see this extensive thread for a ton of useful info on the subject :)
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/external-display-115/zalman-hd135-vfd-vlsys-mplay-29668/

While my remote and display work fine in mediaportal, i'm still trying to figure out how to get them to work outside of mp using software other than mplay home center. I hate that program :( manfred's checkmail program works for opening mediaportal, but i need a few more basic controls...

DaFixer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the help dude :D

Also thanks for the helpful link :cool:

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Some time ago, I have a new HTPC case whitin this case i got a cloned (or rebranded) VLsystem L.I.S MCE.
    It works realy good with M.Play home center. But it won't work whit Mini display :confused:
    I have tryed the L.I.S 2 driver. But it says "Cannot open USB port"

This is the case:
    1000187140-1.jpg

And this is the lcd display:
    11-996-004-10.jpg

I have XP sp3 and MediaPortal 1.0.0.

Can someone help :mad:
    I thinks i have your same case (HTPC-2000 with OEM display) and same problem.
    With this difference: in my system M.Play don't work too ("device not found" message when i try to start M.Play).
    For me is not important M.Play, i.d like to use the lcd dispaly only with Mediaportal.

Can you help me?
    thanks
    mamachan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom