[Bug] MiniDisplay - Change channel through TV Guide shows previous channel on MiniDisplay (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: v1.1.0 RC4
    MediaPortal Skin: Maya SVN
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium
    CPU Type: AMD X2 4200+
    HDD: Hitachi 120Gb, Samsung 500Gb, Samsung 1Tb
    Memory: 4GB OCZ DDR2 800Mhz
    Motherboard: Abit A-N78HD
    Video Card: nVidia Geforce 8200
    Video Card Driver: nVidia Forceware 195.62
    Sound Card: nVidia HDMI
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: nVidia HDMI 1.00.00.59
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova TD-500
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: BDA
    2. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S/S2
    2. TV Card Driver: V5.7
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MS DTV Codec
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDshow
    h.264 Video Codec: MS DTV Codec / FFDshow
    Satellite/CableTV Provider: Astra 28.2°E/28.5°E
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion v2
    Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja, 1x Noctua Cooling Fan & 2x Noctua 800RPM Case Fans
    Power Supply: Antec 430W
    Remote:
    Logitech Harmony 525 Universal Remote
    TV: Sony KDL-32U3000
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI @ 720p 50Hz

Problem:
    When watching live TV if you change the channel through the TV guide the mini display will display the previously watched channel.

For example if I am watching

BBC ONE
    MOTD: World Cup

then press Guide on my remote and choose ITV1's Britains got Talent the channel will change but the mini display will still show

BBC ONE
    MOTD: World Cup

instead of

ITV1
    Britains got Talent

Other observances:
    If you use the ch+/- buttons or tune to a channels LCN number using the number pad the mini display shows the correct info.

If I press the info button on the remote whilst the mini display shows the wrong information then the OSD will briefly display the wrong channel logo but the right channel name/programme info then show the correct logo. After which the mini display will show the right channel information on screen.

If I enter the TV Guide then exit it again it will also correct the info shown on the mini display.

Notes:
    This bug report is related to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ide-shows-previous-channel-minidisplay-80399/ and possibly https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...update-when-using-mce-extended-buttons-82653/

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: MiniDisplay - Change channel through TV Guide shows previous channel on MiniDispl

Can confirm this. Can't quite figure out when it is right (probably when you first start TV) but you get

If you change channel twice you get

Channel 1 => Name shown correctly
    Channel 2 => Channel 1 Name shown
    Channel 3 => Channel 2 Name shown

this appears to be the same whether changing channel via guide, channel +/- or channel number

will add this to Mantis later

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: MiniDisplay - Change channel through TV Guide shows previous channel on MiniDispl

Can confirm this. Can't quite figure out when it is right (probably when you first start TV) but you get

If you change channel twice you get

Channel 1 => Name shown correctly
    Channel 2 => Channel 1 Name shown
    Channel 3 => Channel 2 Name shown

That's exactly what I see. You can correct it by entering a menu, say TV Guide and then exiting back to live TV again. Or by pressing info and then closing it.

this appears to be the same whether changing channel via guide, channel +/- or channel number

For me I can only replicate it 100% if I change channels through the guide. If I change channels by any other method it's OK 90% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom