Minimised previes window & Basic controls (1 Viewer)

m.standish

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Wakefield
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Id really like to see MP run as a fullscreen HTPC soloution AND also to be able to minimise to taskbar and control mp3s ect (mainly mp3s tho) from windows.

I know & appreciate it is designed as a htpc package but i personally hace one tower pc in the next room, wired to myt A/V set up and triple boot (PC, Games, HTPC. P2P on a sepaerate drive auto running on PC & HTPC) with htpc running about 90% of the time, i do this cos i want different parts to use my resources in different ways. My pc is a standard xp install with a registry full o f s**t ect, my gaming is an nlited install purely for performance with GFX card on different drivers and overclocked ect.
The htpc is also an nlited install on a 2gb partition with all non essential installs disabled, however i find it necessary during day 2 day to access internet, P2P SW, and stuff and dont want to reboot into my pc just to check a web page ect. I generally dont shut down MP in case programs are set to record but just minimise to tray. Currently as writing this im listening to music through MP minimised and id love a feature (like WMP 9,10,11) where i can control BASIC funtions of MP either from a right click menu off the taskbar icon or ideally MP spawns a new button toolbar like WMP.

I would assume this would be a core sw change and not a plugin but i really think it would add to MP`s audience for general media playback and not purely for HTPC enthusiasts. I wouldnt have thought it take much to add it on to MP as its not a "grounds up" rewrite but i do think it would then appeal to a wider audience (ie non HTPC ppl) and be able to use/control it from a windows environment like a standard program.

-->not what this post was meant to point at.... in the future maybe people could run MP on a standard pc, windowed as an advanced but cutdown media player (goodbye WMP ect) and switch to MP fullscreen to run as a htpc package, just a thought but building on the above suggestion it shouldnt be too much more to code (i realise MP will run windowed but lets be honest is not quite a windows app in the sense of functionality/resoloutions) and i personally cannot rate the power of MP enough but hell, if i wanna play 1 mp3, quickly view an avi or such theres no way ill launch MP, I end up slinging them thru WMP.The point of the second part of this post........ Could MP replace WMP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom