MiniTV DVB-T Stick (1 Viewer)

pedroh

January 8, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have been using this stick quite successfully for a number of years now purely for viewing "Free to Air TV". I have just downloaded Media Portal and it appears that the stick is not being recognized by Media Portal. Does this mean I need to purchase an internal card? The old stick would allow me to record, but I now wish to program recording in advance.
If I need to get an internal card, has anyone got any suggestions?

Windows 8.1 Pro
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.6 ghz
Ram 2 GB
System 64 bit

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
hi,
we need to know the exact model of your stick - better with link to manufacturer's page.
What software have you used for watching TV before trying Mediaportal?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

can you send a screenshot from TV-Server Configuration > TV Servers > Computer name?

pedroh

January 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi,
    we need to know the exact model of your stick - better with link to manufacturer's page.
    What software have you used for watching TV before trying Mediaportal?
    Thank you for getting back. I purchased the MinTV stick as part of a software package put out by BlazeVideo, the only Id I can see on the software disc is Model No DUTV002 and Version 6.1A. The actual stick has no Id on it at all. Since posting this thread I have managed to get some TV working but it is slow .I cannot get anything in the way of Program Data. The stick would have to be 3/4 years old.
    I hope this might be of some assistance.

Peter[DOUBLEPOST=1389261940][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi,

can you send a screenshot from TV-Server Configuration > TV Servers > Computer name?
    I am, having difficulties sending a screen shot but this is the info I think you are after:
    1. Radio Web Stream Card (builtin)
    2. DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source filter.
    3. DVB-T USB DVB-T TV Tuner

Hopefully ,

Peter

Last edited:

pedroh

January 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have managed to get some TV working
    What have you changed to get it to work? What does work and what doesn't?
    but it is slow
    and what is "slow"?
    I am experiencing pixelation with some channels. My success came after playing with the TV server configuration, I'm not sure exactly what got things going as I tried a number of options. Probably the thing that doesn't work at the moment is the Program Data,most channels provide a reasonable picture and sound. The channels which are not the best are maybe connected to the fact that I reside in the country and require an aerial booster to get any signal at all.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom