Missing actors and other questions regarding Details (1 Viewer)

neomagic

November 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Within Moving Pictures I get Director, Writer, Genre, Year and Runtime. If I'd like to see actors instead of writer, how would I go about that?

Also, some runtimes seem to be imported as 0 min.

Finally, is there a way to change the source of the extremely spoiler-heavy synopses?

Thanks for the great work!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well actors data is loaded, whether it is displayed or not is up to the skin though. If you want to just replace the list of writers with a list of actors though, you'd have to edit your movingpictures.xml file and replace #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.writers with #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.actors. You would want to change the text of the corresponding label also. Out of curiosity, what skin are you using?

As for the runtimes, there is a bug in 0.5.5 that causes data to not be populated correctly for runtime sometimes. It will be fixed in 0.6 coming soon.

And as for the spoilery synopses, I am not sure there is much that could be done. With the next version you could setup an alternate data provider if you wrote a script for it, but that may be over-kill. If there is interest, maybe we could add a feature similar to TV-Series to allow the synopsis of unwatched movies be auto hidden...

neomagic

November 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for the reply! The Skin I'm using is XFace. Which skins are recommended?
Nice to know the run time issue will be taken care of.
As for the synopsis: If I have a guest over who is to choose a movie I should never have them read the synopsis, as that sometimes will even give away the nature of the movie's end. The imdb one-sentence plot outline would be perfect on the other hand. Is that reasonably uncomplicated to implement?

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom